Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection

Article about: Hi Gents, I have the opportunity to purchase this dagger. I know there are issues with it , badly pitted blade, dented scabbard, missing hanger, but any third reich items are pretty hard to

Default Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection

Hi Gents,
    I have the opportunity to purchase this dagger.
    I know there are issues with it , badly pitted blade, dented scabbard, missing suspension ring, but
    any third reich items are pretty hard to get in NZ and sometimes you get what you can get. Also the pommel and crossguard are non magnetic and the grain seems to be running down the blade not across.
    I would really appreciate it if i could get the dagger expert's to tell me the authenticity of this item please and thank you in advance.
    Regards
    Grant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection   Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection  

Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection   Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection  

Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection   Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection  

Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection  
    Last edited by makarov9mill; 01-24-2023 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Extra info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger FW Holler for your inspection
    P
    Many

?

Run Forest Run!

Höller did not used these fittings, not only that, the blade is terrible.
    Find a decent textbook army dagger, mid period and later ones they are not that rare and not to expensive.

Best
    Ger

Hi Ger,
    Thanks for your reply and info on this dagger.
    I had a look at the heer dagger sticky and didn't see the same crossguard on a Holler and thought this might be the case.
    But do you think as a parts dagger that all pieces are original?
    As stated ww2 german items are hard to come by in New Zealand and i would be happy to have an original (even in parts) heer dagger. I wouldn't want any repro bits though.
    Even the freight to this country is expensive as it's so remote.
    I know value is frowned upon but if this came up over there would it have any at all?
    Cheer
    Grant

?

Well Grant

the lower scabbardband is missing futhermore it has a large dent.
    In Europe this dagger would not be worth more then the value of the good parts like guard, grip and pommel.
    And yes parts are original.
    So 200 euro tops.

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 01-24-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks Ger I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
    Cheer
    Grant

Hi Ger,
    I did get the dagger due to the difficulty on obtaining items like this here. I think even customs don't allow double edged weapons into the country.
    So we are even more land locked on what's available.
    I ended up paying 450 nz dollars about 267 euro I think.
    Maybe some wd 40 will help the blade?
    Thanks again for your guidance on this dagger.
    Cheers
    Grant

?

Grant there is no way to improve that blade, its just to far gone, it has deep pitting all over the blade.
    leave it as is....

Ger

OK Ger,
    It will still look OK in the scabbard displayed with the rest of my collection so I'm happy. Maybe one day a viable blade will surface somewhere here but I doubt it.
    Cheers
    Grant