Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn

Article about: Was at the local show today and was approached by a Gent I know who had some daggers for sale. Was not really interested but went out to the car for a look see. This was the better of the tw

Thanks Larry!

Ger, I agree that Aluminum Eick is a puzzler.. I think they may have just used the old type one molds for the Aluminum experiment? That would answer the question of why the 2nd MM was being used on them... just a theory...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Kevin/Ger/TC

Thanks for the info and feedback
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Kevin while a couple of years ago only a few Alu Type 1 Eicks where known, more and different configs came to the surface.
    Not only in full alu construction.
    i have owned already 4 full alu types and skipped 2 more.
    They also come with a steel scabbard with first type scabbardbands and 1 backscrew, also similar to the early type 2.
    I have seen 4 of them in the last year only...so new ones come to surface which lets us understand more about these rare birds ....

Ger

There are so many variations from Army Daggers and that is what it makes so great collecting them for me!

?

I really like the group photo!
    The dagger is absolutely beautiful,there is just something about the Eickhorn edged weapons that gives me a fuzzy,warm feeling inside lol
    Congrats on the great pickup!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    The dagger is absolutely beautiful,there is just something about the Eickhorn edged weapons that gives me a fuzzy,warm feeling inside lol
    Thanks. The side cap was picked up at the show as well. I always enjoy putting a grouping together for a photo shoot.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    Although Eickhorn made some lovely designs-models but i think they cant stand the test against the true artist of army daggers: Ernst Pack & Sohne

Here a few of my collection….if your look carefully you will discover a full Alu type 1 Eickhorn in the small stash

Ger
    Heer Dagger Mid Period EickhornHeer Dagger Mid Period EickhornHeer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Although Eickhorn made some lovely designs-models but i think they cant stand the test against the true artist of army daggers: Ernst Pack & Sohne

Here a few of my collection….

Ger
    Heer Dagger Mid Period EickhornHeer Dagger Mid Period EickhornHeer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn
    I'm still looking for a copy of your book Ger so I can see all these great makers and types! LoL

?

MAP and Gerrit very impressive daggers!

?

I've never seen such a beautiful dagger as showing Gerrit from E.P. & S congratulations!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast