Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?

Article about: Hey everyone. I'm seriously considering buying this dagger for \\$400 USD. I know these have been reproduced in the past. Based on the pics, does anyone see any red flags? Is the price right?

Default Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?

Hey everyone. I'm seriously considering buying this dagger for $400 USD. I know these have been reproduced in the past. Based on the pics, does anyone see any red flags? Is the price right? No maker on the blade. Thanks for the help!

Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?

I'm no expert on these but this one i do not like. The grip just doesn't look right to me.
    Dont take my opinion as an experts because i have no experience in these.
    Good Luck!
    Ryan

Edit* Thanks for your help on this larry. Seems like i need to do a little bit more research lol!

Ryan

Hi DSF...I see no issues with this dagger as there are unmarked dagger blades. From the photos you posted your dagger appears to be ok. Wait for some other opinions also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with Larry, a generic dagger using a 'B' type crossguard and 'C' type grip.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I tend to agree , not the most fancy of its type but ok , i would prefer more defined detail in the breast feathers but thats just me

I don't see a problem with this dager either. The grip looks very similar to my Alcoso.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?   Heer Dagger - No Maker - Fake?  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

HI DSF, There is one that just posted in the classifieds for around the same price, just as nice and it has a maker! just giving you some food for thought.

?

Looks ok from what I can see, it is fitted with Generic type "A" fittings and a galalith or milk stone derivative grip. ( different to the normal Trolon material ). The fact that this dagger has what looks to be pot metal fittings, the cheaper alternative galalith grip and an unmarked blade would suggest that the dagger was assembled very late in the period.
    To the advanced army dagger collector this piece would be considered a little bland but the blade looks to be in good condition and the grip type is not that common.........$400 sounds about right to me.

Thanks so much for the info everyone! This has been a huge help.

?

I just traded a no named dagger like this for $250 credit on a battle flag. . $400 seems a tad steep . ID try to haggle a bit down..but I'm tight with cash..I'm married! Also, it doesn't have the hanger or portepee. However, it isn't denazified. Although, I , myself, prefer the gold/yellow grip.
    Dean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast