Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger by puma need your opinions

Article about: hello guys have been offered this puma dagger could use some help i know the pictures are bad /Billy[ATTACH=CONFIG]1687340[/ATTACH]

Default Heer dagger by puma need your opinions

hello guys have been offered this puma dagger could use some help i know the pictures are bad /Billy[ATTACH=CONFIG]1687340[/ATTACHeer dagger by puma need your opinionsHeer dagger by puma need your opinionsHeer dagger by puma need your opinionsHeer dagger by puma need your opinionsHeer dagger by puma need your opinionsH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger by puma need your opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger by puma need your opinions
    P
    Many

?

A very interesting and rare dagger with slant grip and aluminum crossguard and pommel. If the blade is in good condition and the price is right, I would go for it.

Regards
    Danny

?

I would like to see the scabbardbands, as i find these fittings interesting.
    Normally an early Puma with aluminium fittings has a Pack type 3 or 2 guard with this earlu Pack pommel.
    Now i see an aluminium WKC Type 3 guard, the combination with Pack pommel and WKC type 3 is not one i have seen before.

Best
    Ger

?

That is why this dagger is so interesting. I have never seen a WKC army dagger with Alu fittings and this guard is original without any doubt. The big round eye is seen on some early Pack guards too. I agree that this is a configuration that is not textbook but the Alu WKC type 3 guard alone makes it a very interesting piece.

This is whats so intimidating about Heer Daggers ...too many variations and changes only the Heer Advanced would know.....and now a different variation has been posted.

How would you / we know the difference whether this was a period combination or someone post liberation or recently has put this together?
    Still learning

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I can understand it can be intimidating but in time you learn to judge a dagger by it's components, even if it is a completely new configuration.

For example this one, we know that a type 3 WKC crossguard is pretty early. We also know that Puma used a Pack 3 alu crossguard on a slant gripped army dagger. I would place the Pack 3 and WKC type 3 crossguard around the same production-period so no problems there. Also we know WKC did not use an Alu Type 3 on their army daggers so we can rule out the possibility that some collector disassembled a WKC dagger and put the crossguard on a Puma army. The details of the scabbard can't be seen in these pictures but I am pretty sure it has two sidescrews, which would be correct for a slant gripped Puma. All these factors together would make it very likely that this one left the factory just the way it is shown in these pictures.

Regards
    Danny

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I can understand it can be intimidating but in time you learn to judge a dagger by it's components, even if it is a completely new configuration.

For example this one, we know that a type 3 WKC crossguard is pretty early. We also know that Puma used a Pack 3 alu crossguard on a slant gripped army dagger. I would place the Pack 3 and WKC type 3 crossguard around the same production-period so no problems there. Also we know WKC did not use an Alu Type 3 on their army daggers so we can rule out the possibility that some collector disassembled a WKC dagger and put the crossguard on a Puma army. The details of the scabbard can't be seen in these pictures but I am pretty sure it has two sidescrews, which would be correct for a slant gripped Puma. All these factors together would make it very likely that this one left the factory just the way it is shown in these pictures.

Regards
    Danny
    Well this is not the first aluminium WKC Type 3 with slant grip that i have seen, its the third, but those other were aluminium with a silver finish and btw were not Puma, but like Puma the other ones were assembled by a producer who is known to buy his parts elsewhere when he couldnt produce enough in house parts.
    Its for army dagger freaks like Danny and me always exciting to see and find new configurations and all the way we learn and understand more about them.
    I share Danny's opinion that it stands a very good chance its a factory build dagger.

Cheers
    Ger

?

Hi Ger, do you remember the makers of the slant gripped daggers with type 3 WKC guard and could you share them here. Some pictures would be even better but I can imagine you saw them at a show and didn't take pictures. It would be interesting for heer dagger freaks like myself

Regards
    Danny