Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Heer dagger: Real or fake?

Article about: I am with whats been said above also look at the tang on the blade, poor detail in the maker mark, crossguard isn't one recognised with holler, also holler was one of the most copied makers

Default Re: Heer dagger: Real or fake?

I am with whats been said above also look at the tang on the blade, poor detail in the maker mark, crossguard isn't one recognised with holler,
    also holler was one of the most copied makers to my understanding.here is my early holler for another comparison, Also prinz U you havent wasted anyone's time for me and i think like everyone else here it's all for the love of this hobby and you have created a very interesting and informative thread
    chers Ronnie
    PS please excuse bad pics there looks like rust on scabbard but there is not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger: Real or fake?   Heer dagger: Real or fake?  

Heer dagger: Real or fake?   Heer dagger: Real or fake?  

Heer dagger: Real or fake?  
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 12-31-2011 at 12:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger: Real or fake?
    P
    Many

I whole heartedly agree with Ronnie,,I would never want anyone to think they are wasting our time ,, but would rather have them join in the education and the " Love of the Hobby" as Ronnie said. Prinz Eugen,,,please anytime you are more than welcome to share your thoughts and knowledge here,, none of us ...as large as this hobby is will be able to know everything about it. Even the seasoned collector to this day is still learning as new proof and documentation surfaces. We as collectors have only scratched the surface of this hobby as we ourselves were not there to live or serve under the Third Reich Period. Its is through research and study that we as collectors can bring ourselves closer to the truth and be able to teach about it and pass it on. Just like going to school you will be taught to know the difference, through time and application. It is a process of time but the more you stay with it...( just like anything else you have an interest in )...the better you will become at it. This is a great hobby and I encourage you to pursue it, if you have an interest.....................OKAY ENOUGH SAID ON THAT sorry to talk so much !!!
    Ronnie thats a nice Holler you have and whats great about Holler armys IMO is that no matter how the photos turn out ,, one can still see the detail in the logo. Your logo is better than mine as the etch process did not bring to surface the remaining digits on the thermometer. A close eye will see light shadows of a shallow surface on the digits.
    by the way Prinz Eugen thanks for posting your pics they are very helpful in learning and especially the photo of the blade runner,, that is a first for me!!
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-31-2011 at 02:31 PM.

prinz eugen,
    You are not wasting anyone's time! That is why we are all here, to learn. If we felt it was a waste of time, we would not have posted all of the previous comments. I am sorry that the dagger that you are interested in is not original in all respects.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Finally had a chance to come back to this thread after real life got in the way.

Good to see this has become a good educational thread.

My thoughts are a parts dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4