Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger review

Article about: Hi Everyone, As promised; hereby the photo's of the Heer Dagger I am thinking of switching with my Luftwaffe dagger. He showed me two 'Heer daggers' with handles and portepee. I like the one

?

Default Heer Dagger review

Hi Everyone,

As promised; hereby the photo's of the Heer Dagger I am thinking of switching with my Luftwaffe dagger.

He showed me two 'Heer daggers' with handles and portepee. I like the one in the photo's the best.

It all loooks real to me - the scabbard looks like a real 'Eickhorn scabbard', also the colour of the handle is very nice. But one hanger and button are replaced with new ones (I think) and the knot of the Protepee is not what it used to be. Lastly, the dagger is not in mint condition - but I don't mind that much.

What do you guys think of the dagger? Many thanks in advance

Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review
    Heer Dagger review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger review
    P
    Many

Hello Enix thankyou for posting separately this dagger.

Until Gerrit sees this thread ....this dagger has original parts..but do not belong together as they are from mixed production periods.

The grip is the early type slant grip seen on 1935-36 production period...the crossguard is later being an Eickhorn Type 4 ..1937-40
    The scabbard may be correct...as the scabbard bands are kind of mashed down but shows the same details that Eickhorn used.

The blade is in poor condition as well.

Wait for Gerrit as well to chime in further.
    I also see Tom Kendall on line as well and will also chime in

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-24-2023 at 02:12 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Textbook Type 4 Eickhorn in worn condition.
    The grip is a C type.

I would not want a blade like this one in my collection.

Ger

The depth of that shadowing gives the false impression that its an early slant. I will look closer again
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post

I would not want a blade like this one in my collection.

Ger
    As Ger and Larry pointed out, the condition of the blade greatly hurts the collectability of this example.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The depth of that shadowing gives the false impression that its an early slant. I will look closer again
    Its all about the curve, sometimes its hard to see if the picture is taken with an angle to the grip that is a bit from below like the last picture.
    Try to find a picture where you see the grip straight on and not from below.
    To make it clear here an Eickhorn slant on the left and this dagger on the right.
    the left curves are way more steep then the C grip on the right.

Cheers
    Ger
    Heer Dagger review

?

Hello guys,

Many thanks for the informational and quick replies. I do really apreciate it that you take the time for me and I apreciate a nice community like this.

Well, I knew that the blade wasn't all that nice and I understand that you don't collect pieces like this. But as my first dagger I don't mind it much and it lowers the pricing (I think). I do however dislike that it might be a parted dagger... I don't like that.

But if I understand it correctly it could he an authentic mid war dagger? So it might not be parted?

And Gerrit very interesting about the curves; I see it also. I did miss it before, though (looked at a lot of Heer Daggers, haha).

So in conclusion; this is a dagger you all would ignore? I think he wants €750,- for it and I did go online to look at the pricing (with portepee and handle) and those daggers are quite expensive, haha. But again; I am in no way an expert - so I don't know if the online prices are generally higher than from 'offline sellers'.

Love to hear from you.

Best regards,
    Bart

?

Bart its like I said a textbook type 4 and not a partsdagger.
    The askingprice is way to high for a late one with a worn blade.
    Its not that a dagger has to be mint but all for the right price.
    If you want an original early slant Heer dagger in worn condition but for a good price then be patient and wait 3 weeks.
    II will give you a pm for a slant army in about 3 weeks, made a deal that needs a bit time...and i can sell you one of those.
    Best
    Ger

?

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds great! I would love to buy one from you. I sure have the patience, no problem at all.

I'll wait for your PM; we'll discuss everything there.

Enjoy your vacation in Bermuda

Best regards,
    Bart

?

Quote by Enix View Post
    Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds great! I would love to buy one from you. I sure have the patience, no problem at all.

I'll wait for your PM; we'll discuss everything there.

Enjoy your vacation in Bermuda

Best regards,
    Bart
    Hi Bart,

i received the army daggers, reply to my PM and we can try to work something out

Best
    Ger