Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer etched

Article about: Dear experts, could you help to establish authenticity. I purchased this dagger from the family of a late Wehrmacht veteran. According to their version, the dagger was at first ordinary, and

Default Heer etched

Dear experts, could you help to establish authenticity. I purchased this dagger from the family of a late Wehrmacht veteran. According to their version, the dagger was at first ordinary, and later the owner ordered etching separately.
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer etched   Heer etched  

Heer etched   Heer etched  

Heer etched   Heer etched  

Heer etched  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer etched
    P
    Many

?

Maybe someone else sees this differently, but it seems a bit odd to me that the original owner would order an etch later to make it appear it was a gift from the Generalstab. If it was a gift, why did the Generalstab not give it with the etch on it? It also appears to me that the blade was already heavily pitted, particularly towards the point, before the etch was applied.

From the limited images I'm seeing it looks to me like an old fake that has been damaged/aged. Best Regards, Fred

It's actually a fairly poor etch, the border line on the upper edge above the inscription at left side is not parallel and appears to merge into the template edge.

Spanish post war etch.

+ 1 to the Spanish reproduction

?

One of those examples where the item needs evaluation, not the seller's story.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Its quite simple, the etch is post war, and the rest is made of parts, nothing to do with a vets dagger.
    The late guard and shouldered tang do not fit to this early style pommel.

Ger

Thank you very much guys, quckly and professional!