Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Fake or genuine heer dagger?

Article about: Hi gentlemen! Could you please tell me what you think about this Heer dagger? 100 % genuine or mix parts? My major problem is that I can't find what type of eagle grip it is… It doesn't lo

Default Help! Fake or genuine heer dagger?

Hi gentlemen!
    Could you please tell me what you think about this Heer dagger?
    100 % genuine or mix parts?
    My major problem is that I can't find what type of eagle grip it is… It doesn't look like an Eickorn.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Fake or genuine heer dagger?
    P
    Many

The "Original" mark is a bit suspicious...
    In my personal opinion, I think that it could be a repro.
    But i'm going to let others give their opinion, as this isn't my forte.

I am Pretty sure the Crossguard is from a later period WKC Army Dagger otherwise i dont see any Redflags else, but i will have a closer look later. I am on my Phone right now so i can not see everything 100% perfect.

Hello and thank you Merrydoc!
    Yes It seems to be a Generic type A or a WKC type 4.
    Do you think it's suspect to find this part on an important maker like Eickhorn?
    Could Eickhorn have bought parts although he produced its own crossguards?
    Or is it a postwar part dagger?

This dagger come from a professionnal seller. Can't be sure but I don't think he would take the risk to sell reproduction.

Hello Hartman,
    after taking a Closer Look it is defenitley a Generic Crossguard and it is not usally seen on a later Mark Eickhorn. I am Pretty sure the Crossguard changed at some Point. Dagger is Original, but to be sure wait for more Opinions! Gerrit has a absolute great Knowledge when it Comes to Army Daggers!

Yes Gerrit is of greater knowledge of these Heer daggers along with the co author Danny ( dr73 ) and would conclude also that the crossguard is a generic type that Eickhorn did not use.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well there are worldwide a group of collectors who have np with a Gen. A guard like this one on an Eickhorn.
    Due to lack of resources they say Eickhorn ordered these to fill a gap.

Personally i would only buy an Eickhorn if it has been equiped with Eickhorn parts only.

Ger

Looking at the silver frosting and the patina on all parts, this stands a change to have left the plant like it is, all other parts are Eickhorn made.

Thank you for all your answers an especially you, Gerrit, for your expertise.
    I have seen several Eickorn Heer dagger with a generic type A crossguerd so I think It could have been put together period time but I agree this is controversial and not what we should expect from an Eickorn Heer dagger.