Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?

Article about: Hello. I came across this Heer officer dagger, but I’m not sure if it’s maybe a reproduction or so. Maybe just they may have put together diffrent parts for restorstion? There is also stamps

Default Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?

Hello.

I came across this Heer officer dagger, but I’m not sure if it’s maybe a reproduction or so. Maybe just they may have put together diffrent parts for restorstion? There is also stamps under the crossguard that I can’t find anything about. There is no marks on the blade, I even suspect that the scabbard is a reproduction or new. There is also marked on the backside of the crossguard ”L.Kiel”.

Maybe it’s a alcasso type 3?

Someone that have more knowlegde?
    I dont know if its worth ~430 euro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?   Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?  

Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?   Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?  

Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?   Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?
    P
    Many

Real enough for me ..the fittings are internally marked by EF Horster of Solingen

Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?

Can you provide a good photo of the crossguard eagle please ( the front )

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks! But there is no mark on the blade? Is that something that’s a reproduction or usual to see?

Not a reproduction not in this case and...its quite common in this type of dagger collecting circles to see an unmarked blade.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is the crossguard. Okay so 420 euro is a good price for this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify heer officer dagger, real or not?  

The mark is on the inside of the crossguard also!

Quote by V1rocket View Post
    Here is the crossguard. Okay so 420 euro is a good price for this?

The price sounds to be fair for the condition it is in.

Was the crossguard good? Is it usual that the put the mark on the inside?

Not all producers and yes the crossguard is good.

It is not common to see any producer logos marked internally on the fittings but there are a few that did.
    Many are unmarked ...so no worries..the crossguard is good

Its a Horster made guard and most likely sent to an unknown producer or distributor for assembly.
    This practice was very common with Heer daggers.