Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions on Wool Heer Dagger Case...

Article about: Hi all, I wanted to post these photo to get some feedback on the dagger case, not the dagger specifically. I've never seen a case like this. The owner describes it as wool, with a zipper (mi

?

Default Need Opinions on Wool Heer Dagger Case...

Hi all,

I wanted to post these photo to get some feedback on the dagger case, not the dagger specifically. I've never seen a case like this. The owner describes it as wool, with a zipper (missing a few teeth), and it has the officer's name sewn into it (see the third photo). Have any of you seen a case like this? Is it custom? Is it rare?

(sorry for the horrible photos, but you get the idea at least)...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect German Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinions on Wool Heer Dagger Case...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need Opinions on Wool Heer Dagger Case...

Anyone?

Hi Dzyner, the storage cases are common to the dagger when first issued but rare to find these days as most of them were lost,destroyed or thrown out during and after the war. Its a nice combination to have especially if the officers name is on the back of the crossguard. Nice find!!

?

Thanks Siegfried! I appreciate the reply. I figured they were pretty difficult to find since I can't seem to find any online. I'll try and post better photos when I receive the set next week.

I have one - which I think might be a repro - with the Eichorn
    logo on it, but it has a flap and button fastener.

I like the worn leather end piece on yours.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the feedback guys. A fact about this set that I just learned from the prior owner is that his father (a WW2 vet - still with us) brought it back as a set and kept it wrapped up and stored away in a drawer along with a few post cards and photos. I have to assume, even if there is no monogram carved into the cross guard, that the bag does indeed go with the dagger. It would be interesting to find the original owner, but since the name inside the bag is last name only, probably virtually impossible.

Any idea of the bag's value? I can't seem to find anything like it online for comparison. I'm not looking to resell it, but like every collector, we like to know what we have