Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New discovery: early Puma crossguard with slant grip

Article about: I was lucky enough to have my friend Peter sending me a link of this beautiful full mint army dagger by Puma. This is a crossguard that has not been documented sofar. It looks quite a bit li

Gerrit, that is a beauty and a first for me to see this Guard on a Puma, I think? This Guard reminds me of the early Horster guard.. I think it may be.. I have seen the same guard on no maker early Heers also. The slant is the same yellow slender slant seen on the light metal Puma slant I introduced here, perhaps this type came before the one I speak of as these guards are brass based.. this one is, yes? Here are pics of this Horster Guard I speak of (my Horster 2nd)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New discovery: early Puma crossguard with slant grip   New discovery: early Puma crossguard with slant grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New discovery: early Puma crossguard with slant grip
    P
    Many

?

Hi Kevin,

yes you are right, this looks a lot like a Hörster made guard, sofar i have seen 3 Puma slant having these exact same fittings.
    So its very well possible that Hörster made the cast die, what makes them different is the top shape of the head, all three have that pronounced eye and frown, which makes me believe its a different die.
    My best shot is that Hörster made these as a special order for Puma, and yes this might very well be their first "own" design.

Ger

Very unique Kevin to see the brass showing through
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Gerrit,
    Is dat boek van je nog te koop.
    Wil ook deze dolken gaan verzamelen.

?

KUDDOS! to you. a rare bird!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2