MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Period etched or laser printed?

Article about:

?

Default Period etched or laser printed?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Period etched or laser printed?
    P
    Many

?

None of both.
    Its hand engraved

Ron

?

Thanks Ron. Is there anyway to say if it is period engraved?

?

Radnus that is difficult to say. Your’s looks okay. But you never know if its done pre 1945 or somewhere in the 60’s.

Ron

?

Thanks Ron. It seems to come from a WW2 vet family. So, I will assume this is original.

This officer KIA.

I like to know what is going on with the reverse crossguard and why does it appear to have some kind of weld.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It actually appears to had some of the crossguard removed and this plate added to it.
    The area outside of the weld can be seen sloping downward towards the center ...where the new weld meets.

Thoughts on this Gents ? ...and if it is some kind of plate ..why would someone ( if it were done during the period ) go to such great lengths to apply this?.

Im leaning heavily on agreement with Rons thoughts done post war.
    Also look at both Letter " R s "

makes me think a same ending name was found to fit this.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The chrome has peeled off exposing the inner metal. Looks like a weld in the photo.

?

Didn't noticed that Larry. Now on a bigger screen it looks like a repair. But why?
    I can understand that they will kept the originial set up. But this looks like there was a piece taken out and placed back again (teh originial or replacement who knows).
    If it was broken than you should see welding at both sides and top.