Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Post War B&A blade.

Article about: Guys thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Post War B&A blade.

Guys thought you'd like to have a look. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War B&A blade.   Post War B&A blade.  

Post War B&A blade.  
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War B&A blade.
    P
    Many

?

Yep souvenir blade made postwar, lots of those around....

Ger

Yes, an interesting piece of post war history. The "B&A" branded blades and daggers were genuine Solingen made, unlike the Spanish copies that followed in the 1950's. So these daggers and later parts were made in the 1946-48 period before the German state banned the swastika insignia. After that they continued just selling the blades to Allied servicemen for souvenirs.

Question

Quote by Anderson View Post
    So these daggers and later parts were made in the 1946-48 period before the German state banned the swastika insignia.
    Citing Kurl Glemser's Volume III. Chapter about Paul Dinger where he interviewed his son Egon:
    "Allies introduced a law in 1945 forbidding the manufacture of weapons. As a result when the factory was reopened it recieved regular visits from the English Stadtkommandant of Solingen to verify that the law was adhered to. Paul Dinger was able to continue practicing his craft by making letter openers and other items of damascus steel.."

What source are you referring to, please? Was the law only in effect for one year? Since the We-Di Klingenschmiede was founded in 1950, I thought the weapon production ban was valid for 5 years. Thank you for the clarification.

No, the post war West German government, established a law banning the swastika in 1949. Prior to that the actions were under the authority of Allied occupation forces.
    I understand the ban between 1945-49 was related to de-nazification of the country, but didn't greatly prevent sale of relics of the regime to souvenir hunters. After the 1949 law was established it did prevent "new assembled" items with swastika insignia being openly traded and companies probably figured it wasn't worth the risk. If a dagger part was sold with a TR eagle, the swastika was cut off by the company selling it. Still possible to find these de-nazified daggers without a swastika.

It's not the same law. Cut off swastikas were on period pieces sold after the end of war. The prohibition of weapons production was under the authority of the Allied forces since 1945. I asked because the timeline is missing information about when was the ban lifted. Either the production ban ended earlier than 1949, or the blade was made in the 1950s in Germany. I haven't found that yet.

What source are you reffering to?

As far as I can see, I have already answered your question.