Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

question about Heer daggers that dont look straight.

Article about: So i was looking at 4 different Heer daggers today and noticed when you held them up the handles look crooked. Like not straight with the blade. Is this normal? It appears that the handle it

Default question about Heer daggers that dont look straight.

So i was looking at 4 different Heer daggers today and noticed when you held them up the handles look crooked. Like not straight with the blade. Is this normal? It appears that the handle itself has the fittings pushed over. Wondering if they where parts daggers. thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement question about Heer daggers that dont look straight.
    P
    Many

?

Well without any pictures i cant help you out, need to see what you exactly mean.

Ger

Hi Dale..photos are everything and the best tools to determine on solving tough questions.
    Please if you may ..provide photos or an example of what your concerned about.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would but there not in my possession, one the handle and fittings where loose, if you hold them up the handles have a curve to one side. there not in line. it looks like where the handle meets the pommel it don't fit right and causes it to be off center.

I am NOT a edged weapon expert buy ANY stretch - but I found this article quite informative......
    German Army Dress Daggers
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by daleville View Post
    I would but there not in my possession, one the handle and fittings where loose, if you hold them up the handles have a curve to one side. there not in line. it looks like where the handle meets the pommel it don't fit right and causes it to be off center.
    1. It may have been disassembled and put back together OR ..
    2. was parted together with varied fittings..so with that in Collecting Heer daggers ..these producers had traded and also sub contracted out fittings for their daggers ...which is areason why we ask for photos to determine if the assembly was period done and consistent with other period examples.

Danmarks link is an excellent overview in general of the Heer dagger..but as I stated above the producers did more than what the article has expressed.
    So ...it would be hard to determine whats actually going on in answering your question except the 2 points I made could be possibly happening. Thats all there is without photos.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill