Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A rare brand? or fake

Article about: Hi! as always, I am interested in items that I have not seen! Do you think it's a real dagger or a fake?

?

Default A rare brand? or fake

Hi! as always, I am interested in items that I have not seen! Do you think it's a real dagger or a fake?

A rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fake
    Last edited by ollar; 05-20-2019 at 09:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A rare brand? or fake
    P
    Many

?

Usually seen this ..
    A rare brand? or fake

Hello ollar,

From what i know is that there are 3 different Type Logos from P.D. Lüneschloss and this appears to be the Second one, but i only know them with Solingen under Lüneschloss.
    My Knowledge is limited and i dont have that much Experience so i suggest you to wait for the Experts in here they can definitley help you with this Dagger.

?

And the Bud is silver as new...fake?.
    A rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fake

P.D.Luneschloss made a lot of different blade types, but were always a low volume producer. They did make Heer daggers, but most seen are with the logo/trademark you show in post 2. What you have on that dagger appears to be the earlier trademark they used, and they did use a simple "P.D.L" on Fire fahrtenmesser.
    What that suggests is an early Heer dagger, so what you have to do is confirm that the component parts are also of early type. Other members will be able to advise on that.
    I think I can see a suggestion of "solingen" under the "Luneschloss" but unevenly struck, so faint.

?

I see the mark is stamped, not chemically etched.

?

What other opinions on the subject ,on the configuration?

?

Legit maker mark, i have seen a couple of these maker marks and this one fits right in.
    IMO this Pack 3 fitted one looks good, i have seen this maker mark also on the earliest armies Luneschloss produced.
    Most likely this one will still has a tapered tang.

Keep in mind that some producers changed their logo's- maker marks very quickly in a short period.
    Voos for example used 4 different ones within 1 year!

Regards
    Ger

?

You're right! Received The Dagger..The Inscription "Solingen"..not punched by the tool !Only the tips of the letters are visible
    A rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fakeA rare brand? or fake
    Last edited by ollar; 05-27-2019 at 01:52 PM.