Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Arrival: Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's Initials

Article about: This one just recently joined my collection and came from a good friend. We had talked about doing this deal before Covid and it finally concluded just a couple weeks ago. I tip my hat to Ge

TWS
    ?

Default Recent Arrival: Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's Initials

This one just recently joined my collection and came from a good friend. We had talked about doing this deal before Covid and it finally concluded just a couple weeks ago.

I tip my hat to Gerrit for kindly taking a private look at it before I went public. It has a Generic Cross Guard Type A and I wanted to be sure that is OK.

Pardon the hasty photos. I was too lazy to reshoot after the quick snaps I sent to Ger.

Recent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's InitialsRecent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's InitialsRecent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's InitialsRecent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's InitialsRecent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's InitialsRecent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's Initials
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent Arrival:  Eickhorn Army Dagger with Owner's Initials
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just love that engraving Todd. Great score. Save some $$$ for the Max
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just love that engraving Todd. Great score. Save some $$$ for the Max
    Thanks! I love it too.

I swear, I'm trying to save for the MAX.

However, when my buddy said he's finally ready to conclude a deal that was first discussed in 2019... I had to step up!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Well. Good thing is that they take credit cards at the show
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Although this variant is not in our Heeresdolche book of 2016, i would say that with the knowledge we have gathered after publishing our book in 2016 up till now, i'm pretty convinced this dagger is exactly how it left the Eickhorn plant in the days.

There was a small period when messing was no longer aloud to use for non war production that large firms like Eickhorn and E.Pack temperary switched to what was available on the market.
    They both had to switch to other materials for their own casting and it took a bit of time to realise that.
    Both company used generic guards to fill their needs to produce.

When we made our referencebook in 2016 we decided to publish textbook daggers, and to be textbook we had to have a certain amount of daggers with exactly the same hardware.
    The Eickhorn with generic A guard and the Pack with generic B and rare logo both didnt not meet our requirements, they both did not met our threshold.
    Now a days we have seen them often enough to conclude that the 2 Firms put them in this configuration on the market.

Regards,
    Ger

and i most say its a lovely dagger
    Last edited by gerrit; 08-25-2023 at 12:14 PM.

A very handsome rig, Regards Paul

Thankyou Ger ..it would be important for those who has yours and Dannys reference to copy the info you posted and slip it into the Eickhorn and Ernst Pack sections.

Congrats Todd on a personalized and an uncommon find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That's a great looking dagger.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Wonderful personalized army with great straps. Congrats on this fine piece. Also many thanks for the information I learned on this thread.

Tim

Very nice Todd. Thank you for sharing.
    John