Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FOR REVIEW: early type Holler

Article about: Gents - Request your opinions This early Holler dagger is being offered. Last week I received my new handy "HEERESDOLCHE reference (Hessels & Risk) and I am using it to brush up on

?

Default FOR REVIEW: early type Holler

Gents - Request your opinions
    This early Holler dagger is being offered. Last week I received my new handy "HEERESDOLCHE reference (Hessels & Risk) and I am using it to brush up on my skills (I love the book BTW, purchased on Larry's recommendation). So, reviewing the attached photos, I have pause- which starts with the pommel leaf patterns and Eagle pattern. Am I on the right track with these observations? I appreciate your shared thoughts and feedback. Cheers, Dan

FOR REVIEW:  early type HollerFOR REVIEW:  early type HollerFOR REVIEW:  early type HollerFOR REVIEW:  early type HollerFOR REVIEW:  early type HollerFOR REVIEW:  early type Holler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FOR REVIEW:  early type Holler
    P
    Many

Hi Dan...having that reference ...you are already off to a great start.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice catch Dan. Only the scabbard is not correct for this one, Höller used the one screw at the backside version.

Proost,

Ron

?

And take a good look at the gripring and pommel. Go to the Hörster 2 page of the book.

Ron

?

I have a lot to learn! .... Heer daggers take patience . I am going to study some of the other (historical) postings. thx for the feedback, Dan

?

It’s a socalled parts-dagger. This means put together from parts of different makers after WW2. This was done a lot by collectors. Especially in the beginning of the hobby when everyone still thought that all army daggers looked the same. The only part of the dagger that was made by Höller is the blade. The crossguard for example is a Hörster type2. The pommel is Eickhorn.

Regards
    Danny

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    It’s a socalled parts-dagger. This means put together from parts of different makers after WW2. This was done a lot by collectors. Especially in the beginning of the hobby when everyone still thought that all army daggers looked the same. The only part of the dagger that was made by Höller is the blade. The crossguard for example is a Hörster type2. The pommel is Eickhorn.

Regards
    Danny
    Well Danny at least the pommel matches the ferrule LOL

Ger