Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions

Article about: Hi everyone, I read into some newer threads regarding the swirls on scabbards and that not all of them with swirls are fake. I would love to hear some opinions of the experts here. Will uplo

Default Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions

Hi everyone, I read into some newer threads regarding the swirls on scabbards and that not all of them with swirls are fake. I would love to hear some opinions of the experts here. Will upload more photo's of the dagger itself later on.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions   Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions
    P
    Many

Hello Dark...I agree some sworl patterns are acceptable ....and this one seems abit extreme IMO...but I will leave that to the Heer Collectors to decide if its authentic.
    Hang tight ...one of them will be along shortly

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I seem to have found it here also, stated the dagger is an early version. Spitzer, Gustav

Anyone?

Hello Dark....Gerrit or Danny will be along soon ...or I would give a little more depth of a reply on the dagger..since im.at work now...I can say the grip is not an early slant type.
    The rest of the details would be reserved for the Heer Gents.
    Thankyou for being patient
    Regards Larry

?

IF the blade has the later "shouldered" tang I have no problem with this dagger. The pommel isn't visible in the pictures but it should look like the one I show here.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spitzer Heer dagger - opinions  

Thank you very much Danny, really appreciate your opinion! Hereby some additional photo's of the dagger, hope this helps to confirm. As it is my first and only heer dagger I hope to have made the right call getting it.

?

Very nice! Everything is as it should be.

Regards
    Danny

Thank you Danny and Larry! Happy to hear!