Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?

Article about: Hello Gents - I posted this same question on the other forum, but I wanted to share my curiosity with this dagger. I recently received this army dagger with an over the shoulder squirrel tha

?

Default THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?

Hello Gents - I posted this same question on the other forum, but I wanted to share my curiosity with this dagger. I recently received this army dagger with an over the shoulder squirrel that is marked on the blade in the opposite direction of the standard placement (upside down). I placed my older, yellow grip Eickhorn with over the shoulder logo next to it for comparison. Has anyone seen one like this before? Thoughts? Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?   THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?  

THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?   THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?  

THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement THOUGHTS - Eickhorn Heer Over the Shoulder logo variations?
    P
    Many

Hi Dan...glad to finally have caught up with you at least at the hotel ....this is the 4th type logo Eickhorn used and I also only hacve seen them on your white gripped example.

Im hopeful Gerrit will chime on this thread as well since hes been MIA in Bermuda
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The general rule with the Pre- 1945 Eickhorn trade marks is the Squirrel's feet are always pointing towards the blade tip. Post WW2 Eichhorn used the trademark facing the opposite direction, even with the earlier 1935-41 trade mark. I understand this was to differentiate it's earlier Third Reich production and post war production. They did continue after the war making Hunting daggers of the same design as used pre-1945 so the Squirrel's orientation on the blade is one way to identify a post war blade.

Great Info Peter
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

IMO the blade with the badly stamped Eickhorn trademark that is facing the oposite (wrong) direction is post war.

Regards
    Danny

?

Thanks for the info Peter and Danny ! …. Dagger is in my possession but I don’t own it …
    So that’s good. I didn’t know that info on the postwar production … thanks ! Dan

You guys need to go to WAF and see the Thread regarding the orientation of this mark, in my opinion there is conclusive proof that this supposed upside down mark was used late on during the period.

Gary

Hi Gary could you provide a link please to that thread ?

Best Larry

Post it here if there is "conclusive proof". I agree with Danny the execution of that stamped logo mark is crap. Eickhorn stamped marks were always crisp, as can be seen in the OP's other example. That's the other indication of post war manufacture.