Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Finally found a Horster Type-2 to complete my army crossguard collection. Personalized G.Fries. Dagger has a nice patina with minty blade also has the big Horster throat they used for a period of time. I looked through all my rank lists and could only find -ONE- officer with the last name of Fries. General Walter Fries.....G.Fries (General Fries) Can i prove it no..... Since my type collection is now complete I plan to start posting my crossguard type collection in its entirety as I already have everything photographed.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Well done Tom...and if I may of any assistance ...don't hesitate to PM me.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I still plan to post my complete army collection in the future. Until then here is an army i recently picked up. Alcoso Type-3 in great condition. The pommel and crossguard are the steel based variation. Personalized Dr. Pape i have found the Dr. in the rank lists and will attempt to obtain his file in the future.

?

Tom that is a rare variation, normaly these lightweight alloys of the type 3 are not very detailed.
    This is a first time for me to see the type 3 in steel.
    This dagger shows lots of details and a beautiful guard!
    This is a great addition to your excellent and one of a kind collection!

Im waiting on my new addition currently: a great Alcoso type 2, been looking for a decent one for 5 years and finally found one that has all the bells..

Thx for showing this one Tom!

Ger

Ger Thank you for your reply. The Type-3 steel was discovered and shared with army collectors some years ago by a US collector. I also have one other in my collection. Your right the light weight Type-3 are difficult to find with good detail. So get your magnets out guys and see if your Type-3 has a magnetic steel pommel and crossguard.

Here is the other Steel Type-3 in my collection this one is personalized and researched. The term the collector used (coined) for the crossguard was Eisenkopf (IronHead)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24