Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown German ww2 dagger hangers

Article about: Hello guys, First of all Happy New Year to all the members and their families! Hope 2024 will be a great year for all of you and your hobby I encountered dagger hangers which I cannot identi

?

I have seen 1 or 2 of these with LW style buckles along the years, but never in combination with these fat deluxe clips.
    If these were the standard Welfare type hangers wouldn't that mean that these should be plenty around?
    Show me a period cataloque or a period regulation, that would clear things up, not an Angolia book written some 50 years ago
    Lots of books from the days show numerous errors.

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German ww2 dagger hangers
    P
    Many

I think you were just shown that your argument is flawed and you are simply wrong about these. Not only Luftwaffe had square attachments. The photo in Angola book looks like one taken from manufacturer catalogue. After reading all the comments I believe these to be social welfare dagger hangers with missing tie ins.

Thank you very much for this valuable info Anderson.

?

Quote by michaelKar View Post
    I think you were just shown that your argument is flawed and you are simply wrong about these. Not only Luftwaffe had square attachments. The photo in Angola book looks like one taken from manufacturer catalogue. After reading all the comments I believe these to be social welfare dagger hangers with missing tie ins.
    Social Welfare used square yes but they also were not red but blue like these ones Social Welfare Leader Hangers | Lakesidetrader . These red hangers with army* fittings have been discussed for years on other forums and are considered fakes, here is an example with different connectors but the same cloth and same deluxe buckles. Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums. If you look at this example Red Cross Leader Hangers | Lakesidetrader you can see there is a pretty big difference in the way the cloth is.

*edit luftwaffe fitting not army fittings.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 01-23-2024 at 06:34 PM.

?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    Social Welfare used square yes but they also were not red but blue like these ones Social Welfare Leader Hangers | Lakesidetrader . These red hangers with army fittings have been discussed for years on other forums and are considered fakes, here is an example with different connectors but the same cloth and same deluxe buckles. Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums. If you look at this example Red Cross Leader Hangers | Lakesidetrader you can see there is a pretty big difference in the way the cloth is.
    Well that lightened things up i guess.
    So we are both a bit right it seems, your buckle shape are correct, (although its not the correct pattern) and my gutfeeling it didn't left the plant this way, and has homemade adjustments made with Luftwaffe and army clips and buckles is also correct.

THX M.E.E. always nice to learn something new.

Cheers
    Ger

There are a lot of these modern hangers around, both in traditional configurations as well as wacky new types. The cloth backing is often too thick on the new ones. Sometimes it’s tough to gauge the width in pictures but nonconforming hardware is often a good start.

Again your argument is in majority - flawed and incorrect.
    You just wrote “ … and has homemade adjustments made with Luftwaffe and army clips and buckles is also correct.” You were shown previously that social welfare hangers were produced with square attachments (Angola book, photo from manufacturers catalog).
    You keep saying you are right but you are not. just acknowledge that you were wrong and stop justifying your false statements with other people’s comments.

First of all the color is not red, it’s pink.
    Secondly, photo from manufacturers catalog, in Angolas book, shows social welfare type hangers with square attachments.
    Also, you are not mentioning the correct metal hardware, DRGM marked.all hardware has the same patina on them, similar wear and tear, these parts are clearly not taken from different hangers, if the were, we would see the differences.
    The cloth material doesn’t look modern at all, not even close. It has correct shape, built, thickness, backing and colors.
    “Hangers” field is a tough one, especially when it comes to rarer daggers.not many reference photos, and all are in black and white.
    I believe these to be original, pre war design.
    I just can’t pinpoint which dagger it would go with, possibly social welfare Leaders,but not sure since there are differences in colors.
    Thank you to everyone who commented.
    Special thanks to Anderson for providing valuable info.

?

Michael just read the M.E.E. post.

yours has the wrong pattern clips (although square) , and i quite:

"These red hangers with army* fittings have been discussed for years on other forums and are considered fakes"

If it didn't left the plant this way, well then its homemade.....what do you not copy?

I said that i was wrong in the fact square buckles are correct.

Your hangers are fake, so what are you trying to proof?

Ger

Hi Michael ..lets go back to your first post with the photos.
    Your post stated that you were thinking or guessing Red Cross hangers because of the colors.

These hangers have been in excess truly faded and I for one would like to know what the original colors were front and back.
    So a search for the exact same hangers with the thick red bands on the front ...would help.
    The colors currently due to being over exposed to outside light conditions are pink ....red turns pink in the sun for long periods of time.

Lets be careful here ...just because there are red stripes does not mean Red Cross ...or Black leather hangers or grip means its a Funeral dagger.

Michael...I know deep down you want these hangers to be Red Cross or even Social Welfare but until another " Same " example of the one you posted can be found and compared to ...there is nothing more that can be proved except what Member MEE has posted with links and also the comments made by Seasoned collectors themselves.

When we have discussions such as this ...it can be distressing the same as a messy surgery ...its not pleasant...its sometimes painful and visually ugly.
    The Gents including myself examine the artifacts only and no surgery towards you the poster or anyone else.

We do this all day long the same as a car mechanic fixing a misfiring valve which the customer can not refute the mechanic and say " It cant be that !"

I would say you are more than welcome to take this set of hangers and post it on the WAF forum MEE posted for further evaluation which will come to the same answers.
    The other option as I stated above is to find another exact example and we can continue this discussion further here. Until then...we are going in circles until further proof is provided.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2