Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Sykes and Sheath Original

Article about: Have a chance to get this knife and sheath semi locally. The owner isn't too computer savy so these are all the pics I could get. He says the guard is stamped Sheffield England nothing else.

Default Is this Sykes and Sheath Original

Have a chance to get this knife and sheath semi locally. The owner isn't too computer savy so these are all the pics I could get. He says the guard is stamped Sheffield England nothing else. The sheath dosen't look like any I can see on the web so I suspect its not original. Your thoughts and please reply ASAP it may be gone soon. Price is $110.00.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Sykes and Sheath Original   Is this Sykes and Sheath Original  

It is not military issue.

Mart

Quote by Martin C View Post
    It is not military issue.
    Mart is right. it's a post war copy.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Yes, with "Sheffield, England" it will be post war, and could be 1950's or 1960's. Private purchase, but as always, fighting knives were privately purchased by soldiers and there's no telling where they ended up. I think the early post WW2 English made knives are quite collectible due to the relatively low price. Leather sheath probably made some years later.