Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

old military button?

Article about: I hope this is the right forum I bought this button in the Netherlands (Holland) and I have no idea what it is from but I've seen similar buttons on an imperial German uniform before. If you

Default old military button?

I hope this is the right forum

I bought this button in the Netherlands (Holland) and I have no idea what it is from but I've seen similar buttons on an imperial German uniform before.
    If you can help identify it I'd appreciate it.
    old military button?
    old military button?
    old military button?

the uniform in question
    old military button?
    old military button?

?

Looks like older Dutch Army..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old military button?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

thanks for the tip

Not really my area and that is fairly common European symbology but with that crown and the colour of the uniform my bet is that it is 19th century Danish Army.

A picture of the devices on the shoulder boards might be helpful.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Watchdog here's a picture of the shoulder board
    old military button?

Quote by Antipater View Post
    Watchdog here's a picture of the shoulder board
    old military button?
    See what a difference the "whole picture" makes?

As I say this is not really my area but there is no doubt in my mind now that this Imperial German/Prussian. As far as my knowledge goes that device was used by "Militaer Beamten" which means something like "Military Civil Servant" so this could be anything from Customs /police /fire brigade through railway personnel associated with the military and including adminstrative functions. I stand to be corrected but I think that is the general idea.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

thanks a lot watchdog this will definitely help

I agree, Imperial German, not Prussian but one of the minor states, maybe Hessen, note the Lion rampant under Imperial crown.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I agree, Imperial German, not Prussian but one of the minor states, maybe Hessen, note the Lion rampant under Imperial crown.
    Yes of course you are correct mate. I did initially think of the state of Hessen (Hesse)

old military button?

Then I think I got distracted by the branch insignia on the epaulette / shoulder strap.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-11-2022 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo

Thank you both for helping me identify the button its very much appreciated