Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Die Reichswehr Im Bild: Infantry Regiment 17

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Well done. I am glad you got the rank lists. No serious collector should be without it. Such an effort sets a standard that others can well emulate. Cheers FB, The rank

Hi Spandau.

I had a question... Found this image on eBay:
    About your 17.I.R.

1930 dated. With commander of the 1st (or 4th?) Kompanie of the 17th Infantry Regiment.
    All Caps in Braunschweiger Traditions "TOTENKOPF HUSAR" (Click on the picture)

I'm not mistaken? What do you think about this?..

Last edited by Hans Still; 04-14-2014 at 04:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Reichswehr Im Bild: Infantry Regiment 17
    P
    Many

Very nice material of signal merit.

One more for the thread.............

cheers

Tony

?

Röpke was later Gen d Inf Kurt Röpke, Foertsch was GenLt Friedrich Foertsch, Runnebaum was GenMj Hans Runnebaum and v Waldow was GenLt Ulrich v Waldow.

In the Unter den Linden pic, we see Schaumberg on the extreme left as Kmdt v Berlin, not directly related to this album, v Fritsch and v Blomberg.

Cheers
    Elwyn

?

Quote by Hans Still View Post
    Hello friend. Begin... About your photo:

Attachment 666517

1925 Cavalry generals on horseback watched the maneuver training in the field, in Sennelager.
    General Erasmus von Malsen-Ponickau behind Greiser.

Attachment 666518
    Hi Hans,

Could you explain a little about your picture? And who was Greiser? There were 4 Malsen-Ponickau brothers. Oldest was Erasmus. He was a SS Brigadeführer and head of Posen Gestapo and was never with the RW. Second brother was Wolfgang. He ended up as v Epp's adjutant in the Freikorp. The Malsen-Ponickau family were from Bavaria but both Erasmus and Wolfgang served in the Prussian army in WW1. The third brother was Konrad. He did serve in the Bavarian artillery in WW1 and was a RW generalmajor. The youngest brother Lambert was too young for WW1 and served in the SA.

Could your general in Sennelager be [Johann] Konrad [Hans Elgar] FrHr v Maslsen Ponickau 23.01.1899 - 00.00.1964? There is no info on him other than a mention in Montag and Lexikon d Wehrmacht.de

Cheers
    Elwyn

Do look in the Rw Dienstalterliste.

Unhappy

Quote by elwyn View Post
    Hi Hans,

Could you explain a little about your picture? And who was Greiser? There were 4 Malsen-Ponickau brothers. Oldest was Erasmus. He was a SS Brigadeführer and head of Posen Gestapo and was never with the RW. Second brother was Wolfgang. He ended up as v Epp's adjutant in the Freikorp. The Malsen-Ponickau family were from Bavaria but both Erasmus and Wolfgang served in the Prussian army in WW1. The third brother was Konrad. He did serve in the Bavarian artillery in WW1 and was a RW generalmajor. The youngest brother Lambert was too young for WW1 and served in the SA.

Could your general in Sennelager be [Johann] Konrad [Hans Elgar] FrHr v Maslsen Ponickau 23.01.1899 - 00.00.1964? There is no info on him other than a mention in Montag and Lexikon d Wehrmacht.de

Cheers
    Elwyn

Hello Elwyn,

Original: ''Reichswehr Kavallerie Offizier mit Pferd im Manöver im Sennelager auf dem Truppenübungsplatz'' (from ebay)

I found this postcard on the ''Axis History Forum'': Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals - Page 241 - Axis History Forum
    Description probably erroneously... Perhaps I should have carefully explore it, sorry

?

Ah... AHF forum member Goofy on PP241 was merely referring to a picture posted on the PP240 that in his opinion looked like SS general Eramus who was never with RH or WM.

The entry in Rw Rangliste was Obst aD Theobald's thrid son, Konrad. As late as 1929, he was only an ObLt in RH AR 7. I have my doubt that Reinhard Montag's entry - Konrad - was a general.

Erasmus Freiherr von Malsen-Ponickau - Page 3 - Axis History Forum

Cheers
    Elwyn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4