Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Finally got one !

Article about: After years of fruitless searching of militaria fairs, the internet, begging other collectors if they have one and offering numerous prayers to lady luck ...... finally it has happened. Whil

Default Finally got one !

After years of fruitless searching of militaria fairs, the internet, begging other collectors if they have one and offering numerous prayers to lady luck ......

finally it has happened.

Whilst strolling through the barren tables of an ending militaria fair on saturday thinking that there must be something to buy somewhere, I was given a tip off by a friend that under a pile of repro caps was the very thing I was looking for.....

heart pounding I rummaged, my heart skipped a beat , there it was......I pounced, paid and left ! Very happy

Now this is not everyones cup of tea, it is after all only a cloth cap and not a very pretty one at that but as the bagpuss line goes, "all baggy at the seams but Emilly loved him".

I know get on with it !

It's a M1920 field cap.

The markings on the liner read, HRAB 1928: acceptance stamps for the army clothing dept Berlin, it also has a large "B" I presume for Berlin, The regt stamp is IR 1? can't read the second number but it's marked 1K III and dated 1928 again for issue date to the regt.

Finally got one !Finally got one !Finally got one !Finally got one !

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally got one !
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Finally got one !

Very nice Tony I was just admiring these caps in a post started by H.P. (one soldiers story in pictures) were there are photos of his grandfather wearing the same variaton of this cap with two others as for an early field cap I do believe you are right when you stated that they are hard to come buy I thought it as well would be a nice early cap to add to a collection congrats Tony !!!!!

Regards Mark K

very nice tony good buy worth the wait

tom

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony at the show and examining this rare cap in hand.

Super item.

Cheers, Ade.

Well done. Many of these came from the DEFA film Fundus in Babelsberg via the No Virginia dealer of note. I saw them in numbers in the early 1990s. Many more were in the old East German army museum in Dresden around the same time when I visited there.
    A nice and pleasing piece.

What a great day you must have had, not only finding something special but having the likes of Ade there to confirm your find.
    My day shall come

, Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Nice find! If you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

Finally got one !Finally got one !Finally got one !Finally got one !

An addition to my other cap, a nice minty one for Artillery Regt.7

Can't believe that 7 years have passed since I got my first one !

cheers

Tony

Hurra, und was lange waehrt, wird gut. Which is to say, a man of your discriminating taste sets an example of the successful collector.
    Rw is a fine, fine subject and we celebrate your success.

Tony, congrats on such a fine acquisition (but leave some for the rest of us!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”