Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1918 Luger

Article about: Well guys, I got a nice 1918 Luger to go with the holster. With the luger itself I know a bit of the history. It has been with the previous owner since 1974, in the condition that it is now.

Quote by docf View Post
    Take up duel residency! What State? You only live once .
    He lives in Seattle
    Ben

?

Ben if you are serious I would probably live near family thus Washington at least initially, then depending branch out. Washington is a very beautiful State ,but many dreary,rainy days. We currently live in Fl. and enjoy it. We have lived in NM, Texas, Co.,Iowa, Ohio. My top three are Fl.,Texas, and NM. If really interested regarding more information free free to contact.

Docf

Mmmm dont temp me Doc, if I could get a good job out there I would probably go Luger galore lol
    Ben

Nice gun Ben. As you guessed it has been refinished at one point. I'm guessing but it appears to have post war British markings on it as well. DWM was probably one of the finest constructed when it comes to fit and finish. I think Mauser did more to the durability of the mid 30's guns before the quality dropped due to demand. The truth is while a mechanical marvel the Luger is a terrible field weapon. It doesn't like rain, it doesn't like dirt and it doesn't like cold. Other than those minor things it is an amazing weapon. Hitler pushed hard to produce the P38 for a reason and the VIS and Hi Power were both suited much better to combat. However there will always be something nostalgic about the Luger.

?

Well free spirit makes some of us tick! Our adventures beginning in 2000 brought us new horizons, new friends,new collectecting. Became a pilot and did new things. Unfortunately had a major accident and died three times, lost a leg,but all in all would not trade the experiences. I mean how well rounded can you get! You only live once, and when the day finally comes, so many wonderful experiences.

Bloody hell Doc, sorry to hear that, hope all is well now?
    Ben

?

Things are OK now. Vowed I'd get my Pilot lic. back and did. I'm going to give up flying though this year as I no longer enjoy it. Learning to drive stick again which I really enjoy. Just move a bit slower that's all. Get to spend time with some of the Special Forces coming back to help out a bit.

Good one Doc, good to hear
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3