MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 P08 Luger

Article about: Hello! What do you think about this luger?

?

Default 1939 P08 Luger

Hello! What do you think about this luger?

1939 P08 Luger

1939 P08 Luger

1939 P08 Luger

1939 P08 Luger

1939 P08 Luger

Do you have any specific questions after your research? Are you looking to purchase? Price? I think it looks like a Luger but have some additional questions.
    Does the frame match? Please include of the front of the frame showing serial. The frame and upper have a bit different finish wear so it would be good to rule out a scrubbed and renumbered lower. The upper and other parts all look correct for a 1939. The toggle has a wear pattern that I have not seen before but still looks correct. Does the mag match? Can you get pics of the mag tube and bottom of base? The grips look correct but is a bit beyond my knowledge to confirm if correct.
    John

?

hello and thanks for your reply. Yes, it was proposed to me for a possible purchase, and I'd like to hear from experts before taking the plunge. I am waiting for more photos, because I also find the two different finishing colors. Could it have been assembled with different parts?

Anything is possible, so you will need to wait for the additional photos. The acceptance marks on the upper fall into a specific serial number range. What is the asking price? Is anything else included with it?
    John

Lightbulb

I always enjoy seeing another Luger on this Forum ; many thanks for sharing the photos. I'm definitely not an expert, but somehow my gut feeling is that this may be a 'mix'n'match' item which are often Russian- captured weapons. My own Luger is very similar and for some reason I like the 'lower case' 1939 date - the only year, I believe, that this style was used.

More photo's would be nice. Any markings on the barrel???
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

While waiting for new photos, what can you tell me about this double color of the patina?

It seems quite strange to me .... Could it be different parts mixed together?

Patience is required. It could be from different Lugers. It still retains the stock lug so it is from an earlier frame, which should be blued. I cannot recall when they stopped the salt blue process and went to standard bluing The additional pics will help determine that. It will also show if it has been scrubbed and renumbered.
    John

How much does he want for it?

?

About 1500 €...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast