Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Considering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S Code

Article about: This Krieghoff S Code 1st Series Luger has crossed my path. Very early model. Early serial number. Curious if the cost is worth the expense. This is not a \\$8000 gun in my opinion, nor is the

Default Considering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S Code

This Krieghoff S Code 1st Series Luger has crossed my path. Very early model. Early serial number.

Curious if the cost is worth the expense. This is not a $8000 gun in my opinion, nor is the asking price $8000. Value has risen and hopefully will continue to rise.

My observation is overall not a bad piece. Numbers matching. No holster, no matching mags. Inside barrel is very nice shiny, no pits no frost.. Grips appear original (fat walnut).

Please take a look at the seller supplied pics. ALL comments are welcomed!

Many thanks,
    - Von Ritt

Considering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S CodeConsidering Krieghoff Luftwaffe S Code

Certainly looks quite nice from here. Agree would not pay anywhere near $8,000 though. But I know they have really shot up in value lately. Thanks for showing anearly example.

?

Yes looks nice. Blue is hard to tell but if it is 90 plus and straw is 70 plus with all matching and a good barrel the price is probably a little high. I'm not sure the blue is that good though.

These are very desirable. I would absolutely love one for my collection.

Anyways looks like a very nice original S code.

Tim

Thank you gentlemen. Feel like this offer will never cross my path again. Really wasn't looking for one. Considering the condition (leave that rating up to someone else) the price is very fair and doubt anyone would say no if they were offered this piece at the price I'm paying.

Reading the Luger Forums, Kreighoff thread from a Mr. Whiteman. He has an outdated serial list I found interesting. Now, the official list ended in 2016 for reasons I'm not interested in. What I found interesting was, the list was void of any pistol with the serial numbers starting with 1500. Nothing, not one.

Can anyone point or suggest where my search for what group might have received these 100 pistols. Maybe someone has one and I just haven't come across it on the web. Is there a book with more/better informatin than forum inputs?

Thank you again,
    -Von Ritt

It is a little high for what you have.
    Nice luger. the grips have been changed or "redone" as most older luger grips would be darker because of age.
    Bluing looks good and the straw color look good from what I can tell.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The pitting on the left side front of the frame and the safety lever makes it not worth the $$ for me. I also agree the grips have been cleaned but look correct. The value only rises drastically with condition. Rough to high end is triple or quadruple in the US. Splitting hairs on condition equals $$. Still a pretty rare gun.
    John