Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

History and info of my luger

Article about: Heya guys, I have a family hand me down from my great grandad, and looking for info on it. it is a 7.65mm luger that he bought in the USA when he was working on the minds, it hasn't got an A

MAP
    ?

I'm no Luger expert, but I read that George Luger sold some himself prior to DWM taking over the sales. Hence the lack of DWM markings. (But best to fact check that)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thumbs up

It's a rare and unusual firearm & interesting to see ; many thanks for posting it here. And, as others have said, even the packet of ammunition is scarce !

Quote by robdavis View Post
    on a side note why weren't all lugers marked with DWM?
    Because not all Lugers were made by DWM.

Phil is right it is a early commercial Luger. Even in 30 Luger cal. It is still a nice collectible piece.
    I have some in my collection. You use to be able to buy these cheap since they were "Not in 9mm".
    Any Luger in original condition is worth something...
    The ammo is the problem. when in what we call in the firearms industry as a "shot run ammunition". It is only made once a year for a short time to supply the small demand. It will be expensive if and when it will ever be available again. Just my thoughts from an old Luger collector.
    Thanks for sharing this Luger with us.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

thank you for the info, I plan to keep it and import it to the uk (where I now live) on a section 7 licence and hope they don't want to deactivate it.

thanks again guys.

I will post some better pictures when I get a chance.

kind regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2