Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Info needed on this Luger

Article about: Hi everyone, hope you are all well Friend of mine want to buy this Luger and I hope someone can please help with information about the marking on the gun: Thank you

?

Default Info needed on this Luger

Hi everyone, hope you are all well

Friend of mine want to buy this Luger and I hope someone can please help with information about the marking on the gun:

Thank you

Info needed on this LugerInfo needed on this LugerInfo needed on this LugerInfo needed on this LugerInfo needed on this Luger

Pre war P08 made by Mauser. Serial numbers a mixture of 2 and 4 digits. I think this makes it 1936, but Luger experts will fire up shortly.

Ik looks to be an East German reissue. Looking at the grip plates.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi gentlemen,

Please can you take a photo of the front with the SN under the barrel.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Luger is non matching. S/42 is Mauser. Chambers are from 1936 to 1940.Grips should be walnut. These are probably reproductions. Pistol looks to have been refurbished by the blued over rust spots. A good shooter.

John

Agreed with the above comments. The grips are East German replacements, as seen on a lot of deact Lugers in the UK.

B.B.

Yes I agree with all that was said earlier.
    Mismatched, refurbished luger. They make a great shooter.
    it appears to have a deact stamp???? Is it Functional????
    A lot of these lugers came out of east block countries after the wall came down.
    The arms dealers made a Fortune on this stuff as the east was starving for cash...
    Just my thoughts...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

An East German (DDR) refurbished example post WW2-when the Soviets started to re establish the local security forces in their bit of occupied Germany, they only allowed them to use assorted old captured weapons-the last production line for German Krieghoff P08 Lugers was in the East and was used to refurbish them-parts were force matched to the frame serial number and new barrels fitted as required-the old wood grips were replaced with plastic and new property marks added-Nazi waffenamts were usually defaced, although mostly just the Swastika bits. Some remained in store in the DDR until the collapse of the regime in 1989.