Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions

Article about: PO8 Luger 9mm for review,has seen some use but still decent cond. I think ,look all original?Last year for these I know and not a high polish finish.

Looks great TC.

Thanks guys appreciate it!Its all matching,the side plate has taken some abuse and barrel some finish wear but that seems to be pretty common on lugers ,that were holstered much anyway. The bore is ex. no pitting,would you guys shoot this one?

Talking of the side plate have you spotted a Mauser oddity. I can't think of another example, nor an explanation as to why.
    The last two numeric digits of the serial number are as normal on the outside.
    However, don't know why on the inside of the side plate are the first two digits plus one.
    My byf41 serial is 9332p, 32 stamped on the outside and 94 not 93 stamped on the inside.
    Bit of a mystery.

Jonathan.

Toecutter, I have pondered the question of shooting a matching number highly collectable Luger many times. I shoot mine rarely when I first purchase a pistol just to make sure it functions correctly. I would then just store it correctly, preferably in a safe. Here in US non matching Luger is considered a shooter $700-$1200. You Luger looks very nice, to perfect is also sometimes an issue.

John

After thought, with the correct black bakelite grips you would have a black widow. Did you check out your grips for numbers on your Luger.

Jonathan,I believe thats correct on inside of side plate,one number later,the markings on my side plate are hard to read.Here are pics of matching numbers on this 42, they numbered a lot of the small parts even on the later ones.Thanks John,I havent removed grips but might do that and look to see if any serial numbers or proofs.Up date,I did check grips and they are unmarked.Yeah could make a Black Widow out of it but original black grips are probably half the price of the gun!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions   Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions   Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 02-22-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Toecutter, no numbers on the wood grips is perfectly ok. You probably know that you have to be very careful with the wood grips, when removing the side with the mag release especially, very easy to break a piece of the wood grip on the top off. There are two more serial numbers that I did not see, on the firing pin and safety lever. Again you need to be very careful removing firing pin. Good videos on youtube for this. Again very nice Luger 42, now you have only three more to buy for a full series 39, 40, 41

Nice Luger

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very nice pistol in what looks like a nicely worn original finish. You see so many that have been reblued and polished to a high luster, it’s nice to see an original one.

Hi Toecuter, I had read and seen pics of side panels with serial numbers on the outside and inside. I can't recall on which Lugers it was common place. I was wondering if you could post a pic of your side plate (trigger guard). I will try and find the research material on this oddity. Thanks

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2