Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Magazine Help

Article about: My Dad used to collect WWII stuff including a few 9MM German Lugers. When going through some his old stuff, I found a Luger magazine, and I am trying to ascertain whether or not it is worth

Default Luger Magazine Help

My Dad used to collect WWII stuff including a few 9MM German Lugers. When going through some his old stuff, I found a Luger magazine, and I am trying to ascertain whether or not it is worth anything. The bottom of the magazine appears to be aluminum, and it has several markings on it. On top is stamped "8434". Below that is what looks like a lower case script "l", and below that is a "+" marking. At the bottom is stamped (what looks like) a tiny bird with outstretched wings and below that a tiny "63". Anyone out there know anything about these magazines that could help me out? I can send a photo via email to anyone interested.

Your Luger made would be a war time mag. The numbers to include the script i is the serial number of the gun and the + symbol indicates the spare mag. The 'bird and 63' are the German acceptance markings for Mauser. SHould have a blued tube and a fxo marking if I remember correctly Please try to upload a photo of it. $100 +/- depending on condition. Less if in poor condition.
    John

Quote by subsailor74 View Post
    My Dad used to collect WWII stuff including a few 9MM German Lugers. When going through some his old stuff, I found a Luger magazine, and I am trying to ascertain whether or not it is worth anything. The bottom of the magazine appears to be aluminum, and it has several markings on it. On top is stamped "8434". Below that is what looks like a lower case script "l", and below that is a "+" marking. At the bottom is stamped (what looks like) a tiny bird with outstretched wings and below that a tiny "63". Anyone out there know anything about these magazines that could help me out? I can send a photo via email to anyone interested.
    Hello and welcome!
    If you follow the directions included in this thread, you can post your photos in this thread.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Your Luger made would be a war time mag. The numbers to include the script i is the serial number of the gun and the + symbol indicates the spare mag. The 'bird and 63' are the German acceptance markings for Mauser. SHould have a blued tube and a fxo marking if I remember correctly Please try to upload a photo of it. $100 +/- depending on condition. Less if in poor condition.
    John
    It won't have an "fxo" marking, your magazine predates that marking. It would be for a 1936-1939 dated Luger depending upon whether the eagel has droop wings or straight wings.

Thank you for the correction habicht.
    John

Here are some photos

Luger Magazine Help
    Luger Magazine Help

Does this magazine have any monetary value?

Yes, it does.

Yes it does have value; my previous estimates should get you close.
    John