Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luger P08 breakdown tool

Article about: I hoping to buy my first nice Luger. It’s a bring back from a Church members grandfather and I’m 99.9% sure the breakdown is real but I want to be sure. Can anyone help me? Marty

Default Luger P08 breakdown tool

I hoping to buy my first nice Luger. It’s a bring back from a Church members grandfather and I’m 99.9% sure the breakdown is real but I want to be sure.
    Can anyone help me?

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger P08 breakdown tool   Luger P08 breakdown tool  

Luger P08 breakdown tool  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Not sure on this one.

Most WW2 Luger takedown tools I have seen have the same Waffenamt markings as the Luger manufacturer it was made by. Mine has the Waffenamt Eagle with 655 underneath. I have seen a similar stamp on pre-war gravity knives, located on the marlin spike.

Not an expert on either but I have never seen this stamp on a wartime takedown tool so I am thinking it may be prior to 1939 or non military (commercial). Hopefully a Luger expert will comment.

JC

Thank you JC for comment.
    The holster is a brown 1939 but the Luger is a 1942 all matching numbers and matching mag’s.
    The whole rig was found inside of a old tall case clock along with a bayonet.
    I know many breakdowns weren’t marked.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger P08 breakdown tool   Luger P08 breakdown tool  

Luger P08 breakdown tool  

I believe your take down tool to be original but not for that specific gun. I cannot remember the maker mark and I am not with my reference books.
    John

John,
    Could it be original for the 39 holster?

Just found one on EBay with the same markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger P08 breakdown tool  

I am not seeing the 63 on the op tool. I am leaning towards Kreighoff tool. Cannot be sure. Could be a mauser 63 tool with partial stamp. The marking is earlier production but I am not certain about a the date range for that marking. Common one but just my lack of memory and knowledge on my part.
    John