MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My humble Luger

Article about: Evening fellas, Thought I'd share my Luger with you all. I'm from the UK so this is a deact, but that doesn't mean I like it any less. It's a byf 41 Luger, with the serial number 7667, and,

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    I guess there will always be an under the table market Ben.
    Could be
    Ben

One of My Swiss Lugers

M1906 Swiss Bern Luger
    Ben

And a nice Black Widow

1941 byf Luger
    Ben

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    I guess there will always be an under the table market Ben.
    Say no more.

5 Years for a first offence! Not worth it in the Uk that's for sure. Although with the lack of decent sentences dished out by the courts nowadays it would probably be only 6 Months!

To Harvey

I am glad not to live in the England, in regards to the collecting of WW1 and WW2 firearms "Lugers". I read that the restrictions on non functioning items keeps getting stricter. I guess the political party there figure it will get votes. I can also imagine that the sight of a German Luger will make many people angry for the evil political party it is attached to. That party did bomb the hell out of England.

As to ownership in the US, one can collect a working MP40, with a dealer license and documentation and $$$$$. Major background check also needed for a private purchase. There was a dealer in the south who recently died had collected over a 1,000 Lugers.

"Glad to be in America"

John

No pic of the serial number under the barrel. Curious

Ben, those 2 examples are awesome! I especially like the Black Widow, and the bakelite-bottomed magazine you posted in the same thread was neat too

Vegetius, it's not something I'd want to risk by any means mate, however I can imagine a few will

Quote by War Medals View Post
    No pic of the serial number under the barrel. Curious
    I'm not trying to hide anything about the Luger. I'm not a firearms collector so when I posted this it was just to share it with everyone, I didn't know the norms of what I should have taken the photos of. Are you suggesting I am trying to be deceitful? I may have got the wrong end of the stick here as sarcasm doesn't travel well over the internet, so please correct me if this reaction seems a bit strong.

When I took the photos to post them they were only ever to show the Luger in general, if I've got serial number in the pics it is purely by coincidence.

Those pictures you did are just fine Harvey. Some people deliberately hide gun serial numbers in pictures, but this is not the case with you! Not sure what 'War Medals' is trying to insinuate with that comment.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you Steve, really appreciate that. I'm a newbie and didn't have a clue that people hid serial numbers and stuff like that. My mistake was purely through inexperience rather than malice. I'm glad you like the pistol mate.

Kindest regards,
    Harvey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast