Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My humble Luger

Article about: Evening fellas, Thought I'd share my Luger with you all. I'm from the UK so this is a deact, but that doesn't mean I like it any less. It's a byf 41 Luger, with the serial number 7667, and,

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Thank you Steve, really appreciate that. I'm a newbie and didn't have a clue that people hid serial numbers and stuff like that. My mistake was purely through inexperience rather than malice. I'm glad you like the pistol mate.

Kindest regards,
    Harvey
    They can be hidden for a variety of reasons... some good and some bad. The usual way of doing it is to superimpose an 'X' over the last few digits in the picture.

I don't think there's any need to brag about United States firearms laws here. Most, if not all members here are well aware that the Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms. Us British deact collectors certainly hear about it enough! Things are what they are in Europe, and there's nothing us plebeians can do to change it.

Live and let live, folks!

Regards, B.B.

Good example of a lugar. What's it's story?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    They can be hidden for a variety of reasons... some good and some bad. The usual way of doing it is to superimpose an 'X' over the last few digits in the picture.
    Noted mate. I'll keep an eye out for that then in the future. Hopefully deact laws ease up so I can procure another in the future.

Best wishes
    Harvey

Quote by RobloxHelmets View Post
    Good example of a lugar. What's it's story?
    Thank you mate. In terms of the story of it I am not entirely certain. There's a hand full of really reputable deact dealers over here and i got it from one of them. I wish I knew it's story but sadly it's lost to time I think. The fact the magazine doesn't match and it's in pretty used condition suggests it saw a bit of action, but it's just guesswork.

Best wishes
    Harvey

I am not putting down the people who like collecting the deactivated WWII pistols. I just find it a little strange how TR medals are so scrutinized on this board and a Luger because deactivated is found to be given a pass. I did not see a frame number on this Luger. Pistol could be also mismatched possible. I look at a pistol that I can not fire similar to a badge that has had the swastika removed. I am just a realist. Now a deactivated MP40 is a different story.

Regards

John

Hi Ben
    You can have them re- deactivated bringing them up to current spec though can’t you ?
    Ok , you loose some Luger but not ya dosh
    Corston

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3