Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need a little help with Luger markings

Article about: Hello all, Is there anybody out there who can identify this stamp on the grip of this luger? I know that is was more common to put unit markings on lugers in WWI, so I’m making the assumpt

Default Need a little help with Luger markings

Hello all,

Is there anybody out there who can identify this stamp on the grip of this luger? I know that is was more common to put unit markings on lugers in WWI, so I’m making the assumption that this is what it is. I’ve tried researching it myself but haven’t come up with anything. I appreciate any assistance gents!

Need a little help with Luger markingsNeed a little help with Luger markingsNeed a little help with Luger markings

?

Just a guess, Static Infantry Division 716 (716. Infanterie-Division), there is information concerning this gruppe on WIKI..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you Gwar! I like that, but this one is a russian capture (forgot to post that picture). I remember looking up different erkennungsmarke abbreviations but no combination of S and D made any sense

Here's one on another forum with very similar markings to yours: VOPO Luger info | Jan C. Still Lugerforums

It appears to have seen use with the East German Volkspolizei. His is marked S.D.IV.1528, for Duesseldorf Duisburg-Hamborn Schutzpolizei. The Roman numeral is different, but presumably yours was also used by the Duesseldorf Schutzpolizei.

B.B.

Hi Brodie,

Wow that the closest I’ve seen. What a busy history this one has: nazi Germany, Russia, back to east Germany, and finally to the US. I would say this pistol is better traveled than me haha

I agree BB, my thoughts were likely Polizei. Similar marks to as found on the Weimar era Polizei seitengewehr "bayonet".

?

Schutz Polizei Duesseldorf is real.IV district. weapon nr., anyway similar later Lugers are not obvious with this type of police units.

Thank you for all the help fellas. I really do appreciate it. I can finally put this to rest after so many years of wondering

?

Looks like there was on grip removed earlier unit stamp, more higher on handle located.