Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?

Article about: Hello! My uncle recently acquired these two DRK belt buckles from a garage sale. I believe the rectangular one is an enlisted man's belt buckle and the round one is an officer's belt buckle.

Default Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?

Hello! My uncle recently acquired these two DRK belt buckles from a garage sale. I believe the rectangular one is an enlisted man's belt buckle and the round one is an officer's belt buckle. I was wondering if these two look authentic to you guys? I also wonder why the enlisted man's belt buckle doesn't have a marking on the back. If these two are authentic, what is the approximate value of them? Thanks!
    Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these two WWII DRK Belt Buckles Authentic?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum,

I will mention again that we do not offer appraisals here as prices can be very subjective. You can research value by looking at various auction houses.

I would also recommend that you invest in reference books and materials to study in order to make your own informed decisions.

We have a reference library section that lists hundreds of reference books that you can purchase if you are considering collecting Third Reich militaria.

There is a reference book that discusses the German Red Cross and its uniforms and accoutrements that can be found.

"In the Service of the Reich, Diplomatic & Government Officials/German Red Cross" by John R. Angolia.

Non-Combat Uniforms and related insignia of the Third Reich

Smitty

Thank you, sorry I didn't know you could ask for appraisals.

It's not that you can't ask, but again the topic of pricing something is very subjective due to various factors and many of us focus more on the significance of the items rather than the price. You can search many of the auction sites to get ideas of prices for items. I encourage you to start conducting research on the Third Reich by investing in reference books. The quick and easy answers on the internet are not always the most accurate and in many cases, you can be misled.

We always encourage new members to ask questions about the authenticity of items PRIOR to purchase as in many cases the uninformed will either believe a seller trying to offload reproductions and regrettably realize after the fact that they wasted their money or they will be misled by something they saw on the internet, one of the many reasons why I strongly encourage you to invest in reference materials other than the world wide web.

Prior to the internet our sole source of information was in books that were written by collectors who spent years conducting research, these books are still pertinent as much of the information in them has not reached the internet, hence another reason that serious collectors of the Third Reich do not solely rely on the computer, instead they reach out to advanced collectors in the particular subject areas and learn from them.

We also encourage you to use the search engine at the top right of the page and you will find many posts and topics on the particular item you are asking authenticity on. I just typed in Red Cross Buckle and at least 10 pages of Red Cross Buckle topics were started right here on the forum, so if you would like to learn more about the items you have go through those pages and see the differences in materials, makers, real vs fake. The question you asked regarding makers marks on the enlisted buckle may be found by using the advanced search engine I mentioned.

Best regards

Smitty

The EM buckle is a very nice injection molded buckle and very desirable, the officer buckle I want to have a good look at

Cheers
    Ben