Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor

Article about: Posted this on another thread regarding Gauleiter armband. I've had this ensemble for decades and am on the hunt for the potential owner. I've obtained the 3 volume series, Gauleiter by Mich

Default 1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Really nice tunic Rich! Do you know who was this Gauleiter?
    No, no name is to be found on the tunic. I've been doing research on who possibly could of been the owner. Only a handful of Gauleiters were awarded the BO, so I have it narrowed down to about 10 possibles. I bought the reference works, Gauleiters vol. 1-3 by Michael Miller & Andreas Schultz to research who the BO Gauleiter recipients were. Expensive to get all 3 but I figured if I can nail down who owned this that it'd be worth purchasing the books. The 10 possibles include people with a lot of notoriety & well known names in the 3rd Reich.

Any hint on where to locate their torso measurements your aware of?

Next step is figuring out how to get the 10 possibilities torso measurements and then to measure the tunic.

Included a few more images. The visor has a name in it which I cannot make out. Not certain however if that is a Gauleiter or a Gau admin person who owned it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor   1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor  

1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor   1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor  

1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor
    P
    Many

A great tunic with top shelf awards Rich.

Default 1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor

Posted this on another thread regarding Gauleiter armband. I've had this ensemble for decades and am on the hunt for the potential owner. I've obtained the 3 volume series, Gauleiter by Michael Miller and Andreas Schultz. Via that series of reference work, there were only about 10 Gauleiters who were awarded the Blood Order and this tunic came with a Blood Order ribbon on the upper right pocket. Those who were Gauleiters who were awarded the BO , most are well known names of 3rd Reich Notoriety.

Does anyone know how to go about discovery of clothing fitting measurements of the Gauleiters who were awarded the BO?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor   1932 -1939 Gauleiter Tunic/Gau Visor  

RTH
    ?

love that... great comment

?

WOW! this guy has got a lot of BLING, for sure! hope you find out who he was!

Thanks for close up photos. I like those collar tabs

Good luck with tracking down who owned this tunic. Sure you will success on it one day.

Any hint on where to locate their torso measurements your aware of?
    Unfortunately no.
    -TJ-

RTH
    ?

Quote by RTH View Post
    love that... great comment
    I do apologise gentleman, it appears someone posted this comment on my laptop whilst my back was turned. I've just seen it now as I got the liked post notification. I do apologise again. That being said though - the uniform is simply amazing! I hope you find out who the original owner was.

Many thanks
    RTH

Hi there.

My knowledge on this subject is almost zero, but there is an extensive thread about Gauleiters in the link below. Maybe you could find something hidden in the thread that could help you with your quest.

Gauleiters - Axis History Forum

Kind regards,

Will.

"I'd been looking to purchase one of these for some time to go with this early 32-39 Gauleiter tunic and to be used as a display item next to the tunic. I have a Gau admin brassard already but no Gauleiter brassard of 39 -45 era"

Really nice Tunic, indeed! 1939-45 Gauleiter-Armbands are really hard to find! But those you have posted (the Parade-Version) is almost impossible to find. It seems that nobody has used them. Two points on your tunic. The Visor is a 1938 Version (red piping) with 1939 Cap-Eagle and Oakleaf, and the Tunic is a 1938 one. The Order-Bar icludes the War Merit Cross, which was given after September 1, 1939, so both of them don't quite match the uniform, because hardly any Gauleiter will have worn a 1938 uniform after September 1, 1939.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    "I'd been looking to purchase one of these for some time to go with this early 32-39 Gauleiter tunic and to be used as a display item next to the tunic. I have a Gau admin brassard already but no Gauleiter brassard of 39 -45 era"

Really nice Tunic, indeed! 1939-45 Gauleiter-Armbands are really hard to find! But those you have posted (the Parade-Version) is almost impossible to find. It seems that nobody has used them. Two points on your tunic. The Visor is a 1938 Version (red piping) with 1939 Cap-Eagle and Oakleaf, and the Tunic is a 1938 one. The Order-Bar icludes the War Merit Cross, which was given after September 1, 1939, so both of them don't quite match the uniform, because hardly any Gauleiter will have worn a 1938 uniform after September 1, 1939.
    Thanks for your reply & information NSDAP Sammler.

The medal bar definitely does not match the tunic as it was purchased with the tunic and the seller, Steve Wolfe had nothing else at the time that'd come close to the dating of the tunic. I've thought about trying to locate a more appropriate medal bar but had not gone further than that.

When the later tunics came out, and as you mentioned, these earlier tunics were retired to a closet or possibly used within the Gau office they worked from. I would imagine having 2 or 3 tunics that the owner would possibly rotate but not used during certain events 1939 onwards if the garment was earlier issue but then superseded by a later type. .

The visor is also a mismatch as you pointed out NSDAP Sammler, the political eagle and oak leaf wreath were possibly later additions to update the visor for later use with 39 & later tunics.

This is all a guess at this point as explanations about these things that are out of the standard of what was supposed to be and what it is now is all a giant what if.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast