Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43

Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?

Article about: Hello David, sorry if I posted doubles, I had more but traded them for head gear. greetings gothickk

Default S.A. Gruppen Hessen 1939

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?
    P
    Many

Default S.A. Standarte 16 "Lüneburg" 1933

I know this thread is a zombie, but it seems like the most appropriate one for my question.

Is there any historical information on the events these commemorated? Specifically, I am interested in the even represented by the pin in post # 114, but if there's a general source I could consult, I can do the leg work. I couldn't find much on-line except for the general description that the SA were at rallies, etc, protecting the Nazis at the event.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BobsurUncle View Post
    I know this thread is a zombie, but it seems like the most appropriate one for my question.

Is there any historical information on the events these commemorated? Specifically, I am interested in the even represented by the pin in post # 114, but if there's a general source I could consult, I can do the leg work. I couldn't find much on-line except for the general description that the SA were at rallies, etc, protecting the Nazis at the event.
    I'm sure there are plenty of publish articles and book on the SA that discuss these events in part. But at a top level these are basically just regional group rallies for SA members (not rallies that the SA provided protection for). The tinnie you are looking were given to the attending SA members from a rally in Bayer Ostmark. I think there was a very heavy emphasis on physical fitness/sports. By 1938/39, the heyday of the SA had long since past.

Member Winterhilfswerk is well verse in these tinnies and there are other members with much more knowledge on the workings of the SA and the importance of these rallies.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Time to revive the thread!
    Here is a Badge „Day of the SA 6. May 1934“

Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?

?

I have had this badge for a while and have concerns about its authenticity. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?   Any member collecting SA "meeting"/"event" pins ?  

Dear edlanc,

Perhaps and with all due respect it may have been better to start a new thread in connection with your badge. This "sticky" was incepted over a decade ago and unfortunately has enjoyed only the odd post within the last five years. No matter though and here we go.

This so called "first pattern" badge has been discussed on numerous occasions within the "non combat uniforms and related insignia of the third reich" sub forum. With this in mind, I would strongly suggest that you undertake a sub forum search, as there are just too many links to include here.

My opinion has always been consistent in connection with this badge. The examples with incised lettering I regard as original and the examples with raised lettering, I regard as fake. When trawling even now through various dealers and auction sites, there is always for sale numerous examples of those badges with raised lettering. A huge number when compared to those for sale, which and by the feature of incised lettering are in my opinion original.

The subject remains an interestingly contentious issue, however I suppose that opinion differs and are equally defended with gusto, by those who have bought incised lettering examples as original and those who have bought raised lettering examples, as original !

This final point is not really important, although again there is always for sale numerous examples of badges with raised lettering when compared for sale, those with incised lettering. The comparison is wildly unbalanced and the raised lettering examples win hands down, however I have only ever seen convincing period images of the SA-Treffen Braunschweig 1931 badge displaying incised lettering.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43