Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an Authentic? (NSDAP Ortsgruppe Peaked Cap)

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased this Crusher Cap at an antique sale, and from what I can tell it looks as if it were truly the real deal though I just have some thoughts in the back of my head t

Default Is this an Authentic? (NSDAP Ortsgruppe Peaked Cap)

Hello,

I recently purchased this Crusher Cap at an antique sale, and from what I can tell it looks as if it were truly the real deal though I just have some thoughts in the back of my head that are telling me otherwise. If the following pictures do not suffice in order to tell whether or not, please tell me, and I will try to either take more/better ones.

^^^ Out of this picture, is where my main inquiry lies. The hat itself I believe to truly be authentic, though its the decorations that are giving me mixed signals. Sad to say but I've never truly have had the experience with seeing proper actual medals that would've been where these possible fakes are located. The Parteiadler has a plastic-like feel yet makes a metal-like "clink" whenever I tap it. The same can be said about the two branches of leaves (the name is escaping me) surrounding the cockade.

^^^ This was an attempt at a close-up of the fabric on the brim of the cap and as well of the cloth for the main top. As far as I can tell it seems all to be legit, but again, not so sure.

^^^ For the next set of following images after this one: The interior of the cap is also what's making me second guess it. The exterior seems to have seen the time its supposedly been around yet the interior looks like as if it was just picked up yesterday excluding the leather interior brim.

^^^ And finally from this one, this cap when I acquired it, I was told that this cap was in-use during a transition period and that the officer instead of just deciding to purchase and use a new uniform decided to refurbish his current uniform supposedly adding to the value. I believe that's also why the frontal law tag is describing a appeal to date which was issued on the 20th of December of 1934 to be fully enacted upon as of January 16th of '36. If I'm wrong please let me know, once again, thank you for the help. (I'm not sure how to rotate the photos, so I'm sorry for the possible inconvenience.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Authentic? (NSDAP Ortsgruppe Peaked Cap)
    P
    Many

Good one in my opinion. The maker is Carl Bangert of Koblenz (Viro) and the distributor is Ellenberger. As for the eagle, it doesn't look like plastic to me

Thank you so much for the information, that helps a great lot!

?

Original period Orts visor , has some age issues but still very displayable . Nice find.
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

it looks good to me.

Also I do apologize this wasn’t sent to the Cap Authentication Forums. I didn’t realize that was a forum until after the fact.

I’m happy to hear that, and yes there’s some moth damage towards the back of it. Luckily it’s not that bad so I’m taking some extra precautions with it as well. I’m moving it to a much more secure display case.