Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Diplo Hat for review

Article about: For pre-purchase review. All opinions are welcome.

?

Default Diplo Hat for review

For pre-purchase review. All opinions are welcome.
    Diplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for reviewDiplo Hat for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diplo Hat for review
    P
    Many

?

This is not my area of collecting but the state of the velvet band is concerning, the wrinkles and the visible stitching indicate it has been added or modified. I'm also not a fan of the piping and the way it's joined at the rear. It also has a dingy look to it. Most of these Diplo visors I've seen are high quality with moderate wear unlike a Wehrmacht visor that saw daily use. Perhaps I'm wrong but something seems off with this cap. Wait for more opinions to be sure.

Good Luck
    Regards, Al

?

I'm certainly far from being knowledgeable on visors but three things immediately stick out.
    The wrinkled velvet bad is usually a bad sign.
    The piping at the rear where presumably it joins and the dimple, almost as though the two ends were poked through the seam and attached inside the cap.
    And lastly the black area of the cockade, looks like thread and not black bullion. A characteristic of Janke as far as I know.

One more thing, the eagle looks bloody awful.
    Have a look through the linked thread below and see the difference between those shown and this one.

GO/Diplo Schirmmützen

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you for the opinions. The janke eagle heads usually have the beak lower on the head on the ones I've seen. One hat I had compared it to is this one and it also had the black on the wings. Diplo Hat for review

?

I agree with others and have concerns. I'm not an expert but I'm concerned about sweatband, piping, piping stiching at rear, eagle and other items. This one reminds me of a Latvians.

Tim

CBH
    ?

Wehrmacht-Militia has a black Diplomatic hat for sale which looks very different ie original.

?

Thank you for your opinions.