Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish

Article about: Just found this eagle, and can't identify it. May be a SA or political leader?

?

Default Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish

Just found this eagle, and can't identify it. May be a SA or political leader?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish   Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish
    P
    Many

Hi Dimas

Early SA/ SS eagle which may have lost all its silvering. I can not identify the RZM number on the inside upper wing ...perhaps sharper eyes could help out.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry it's a gilded brass for sure, it's looks like a 17 marked
    Regards,
    Dimas

According to regulations the SA nor political leaders were allowed to wear a golden version,
    There was some discussion about it and in fact only Hitler was allowed. It is for sure Röhm
    and Lutze took over this habit. Should look in my files about what actually was said. Do
    not know the whole regulations out-of-heart.
    In volume 3 for the headgear-series, chapter about SA things are explained and an image is
    shown about the gold for Lutze (page 259). On page 260 there is an image about the not
    correct manufacturing in gold for these eagles.

But for some other organizations a gilded form was. For example some German states used
    the gilded version for forestry in about 1934, which was described in their regulation as:
    "das unveränderte Hoheitszeichen der NSDAP aus Messing vergoldet".

17 stands for the concern of F.W. Assmann

?

I've thought that it must be a kind of NSDAP branches. Thank you Wim
    Regards,
    Dimas

And as if by magic, here is a page from the Assmann catalogue that features the badge both in gold and silver...Product number 20469 that Wim refers to

Doug

Early NSDAP/SS eagle in gold finnish

There is no description about silver or gold for the early pattern eagle,
    as it was out of order and replaced by a new pattern, the official state eagle.