Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Great Day at Auction

Article about: It was a fast paced and sometimes neck in neck bidding, there were over 400 items on the block, some very good original pieces from allbranches of service were sold at below dealer pricing,

?

Default A Great Day at Auction

It was a fast paced and sometimes neck in neck bidding, there were over 400 items on the block, some very good original pieces from all branches of service were sold at below dealer pricing, very impressed with the items offered, here is what I was able to win.
    First up a RAD Dienststellenabzeichen signifying use by Arbeitsgau XXXI Koln/Aachen, Abt. 4/318 Hochstettin 'Friedrich Wilhelm v. Seydlitz' and manufactured by Gunther & Windrath, Wuppertal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Great Day at Auction  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Great Day at Auction
    P
    Many

?

Next I won a RAD stickpin, hand painted and I believe these replaced some if not all of the enamel ones, common and marked Ges. Gesch. in fantastic shape for the age..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Great Day at Auction  

?

Then there is this, a RAD Mutzenabzeichen in cotton for the Feldmutze manufactured by S.S.S. Selbach Sonn & Steinhoff, Wuppertal

?

Very nice items G!

?

I really wanted this one as it has the early RLAD 'Reichsleitung des Arbeitsdienstes' instead of just marked by the manufacturer on the lower corner underneath where is was not visible when sewn on the sports shirt.. here is also an example of the marking by Gunther & Windrath, devoid of the RLAD on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Great Day at Auction   A Great Day at Auction  

A Great Day at Auction  

?

The icing on the cake was this service memory device which would have probably been attached to a handmade wooden plaque of sorts, for Arbeitsgau XIV Halle/ Merseburg, Gruppe Annaburg/Zeitz/ Elster, Abt. 1/144 Zeitz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Great Day at Auction   A Great Day at Auction  

?

That's all for now, but I do have some interesting items coming soon and I will post them as they arrive !! Thanks for looking , G

Very nice items! Regards, Paul

?

Great pickup G,
    I see some RAD things on some of the auction sites, Yet I know next to nothing about the real deal items, But I always thing of the Gman

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice pick ups. Not that common to find so many items in an auction in my hood.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast