Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic

Article about: I wanted to show a new RAD tunic that I just picked up out of an old collection. The tunic is nice and private tailored out of gaberdine wool. There are several period alterations to the tun

Default High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic

I wanted to show a new RAD tunic that I just picked up out of an old collection. The tunic is nice and private tailored out of gaberdine wool. There are several period alterations to the tunic that adds to the character. Of note is a single non-regulation belt ramp sewn in on the left side of the tunic. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was where the individual wore a pistol or dagger and he needed the extra support. I have seen this done on Heer Officer's tunics before. It also has the closed neck which mirrors the military style uniform as well. Look at the pointed collar! The NSDAP ribbon is original to the tunic. The shield is for a staff position out of Munich. This is the highest ranking RAD uniform I have ever encountered. I believe the insignia to be post '41 and for the rank of Oberarbeitsführer. I wanted to know if anyone would have any information on who the individual may have been. The rank is high enough to possible determine the original owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark High Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic

- - Updated - -

More pics

High Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicHigh Ranking RAD Officer's TunicIMG_7381.jpgHigh Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic

Very nice.

This is a very cool tunic for sure. Very nice.

Thanks guys. You really don't see many high ranking RAD tunics, especially with the closed war time collar.

Mark-
    A beautiful tunic. I do not know if there ever was a rank list for the RAD.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob. Yea, I knew it was a long shot but I thought I would ask. Sometimes you get lucky.

Mark-
    If anyone would know of a list, it would be Wilhelm Saris. Try contacting him.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I have already emailed him. I hope he can help.

?

I realize that this is a old thread....Seems to be a Senior Officer ( Hohere Fuhrer )
    or Arbeitsfuhrer / Oberarbeitsfuhrer. The sleeve shield is XXX denoting Arbeitsgau Bayern-Hochland.
    According to pages 320-321 and page 360 of Labor organizations of the Reich, By Angolia and Littlejohn... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic   High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic  

High Ranking RAD Officer's Tunic  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

mseagle:
    never got the email (or I can't remember). I must have laying around such list,
    but out-of-heart I do not know if I also do have all the in-between changes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast