Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp

Article about: Dear Forum Experts! I am afraid to ask but I really need help identifying this armband. Everything tells me it is a fake. But I have just recently staretd collecting so I am not sure. Please

Default Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp

Dear Forum Experts!

I am afraid to ask but I really need help identifying this armband. Everything tells me it is a fake. But I have just recently staretd collecting so I am not sure. Please advise? Thank you ever so much!

Sincerely,
    Frank

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp   Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp  

Last edited by DDayNormandy1944; 05-11-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Other better pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp
    P
    Many

It looks very shiny on the inside material and too good a quality to be an original IMO Frank.

Does it smell old?

Cheers
    Doug

hi Doug!

I have no clue it is offered to me. Also the perfect stitches raise my suspicion? And the way the P is put on with a Marker? Also the shiny inner material ...

Frank

I can't imagine why they'd have gone through the trouble of producing an armband when the 'striped pyjamas' were produced en masse and served the exact same purpose. I'd be very, very wary of anything concentration camp-related of this nature, as there are a great many unscrupulous individuals who would capitalise on the historical interest of some, and the morbid interest of others.

Regards, B.B.

Hi B.B.,

Yes I agree. Too many fakes out there and too many fraudulent items too alas. I just am starting to build my own very little collection. I have been collecting stories for 20 years on my website D-Day, Normandy and beyond and I want to save a few items and to treasure them. Not for resale or financial gain. I have been to a lot of concentration camps where I take pictures for private use. I know a few survivors too. I guess I am easy prey for the people who want to fool other for a bit of money.

Frank

Hi B.B.,

Yes I agree. Too many fakes out there and too many fraudulent items too alas. I just am starting to build my own very little collection. I have been collecting stories for 20 years on my website D-Day, Normandy and beyond and I want to save a few items and to treasure them. Not for resale or financial gain. I have been to a lot of concentration camps where I take pictures for private use. I know a few survivors too. I guess I am easy prey for the people who want to fool other for a bit of money.

Frank

But they do exist. I found another similar armband here:

WWII AUSCHWITZ POLISH POLITICAL PRISONER ARMBAND

That one does look believable Frank.
    I will post the pictures under so they are not lost to the forum:

Indetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration campIndetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration campIndetifying a political prisoner armnband concentration camp

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks Doug! I know what you mean. I thought so too. But even if they look believable they still can be fake. Pffff

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Thanks Doug! I know what you mean. I thought so too. But even if they look believable they still can be fake. Pffff
    So true Frank

Good luck on your hunt for an original.

All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast