Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine hoheitszeichen

Article about: Hi. Not the usual BEVO weave pattern and have been told a while back that it was fake. Others have said that it's legitimate but made in Belgium or the Netherlands during occupation. Do othe

Default Kriegsmarine hoheitszeichen

Hi. Not the usual BEVO weave pattern and have been told a while back by a fellow collector that it was fake. Others have said that it's legitimate but made in Belgium or the Netherlands during occupation. Do others have these and are they considered genuine? The eagle is gold on blue. Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine hoheitszeichen   Kriegsmarine hoheitszeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine hoheitszeichen
    P
    Many

Sorry just realised that I posted this on the wrong section by accident, could it be move please. Thank you

?

I cannot testify to originality (though I suspect it is), but I think this may be a Reichsbahn Adler.
    The eagle itself seems too pale in colour for a Kriegsmarine insigne; a much bolder, golden-yellow.

Many thanks that's interesting. You may well be right about it being Reichsbahn. It would be nice if it was a genuine insignia. I've read somewhere that this weave pattern was from a different type of machine but wasn't used to make badges during the third Reich although it was a contemporary machine?

I am at work right now and do not have my reference materials with me, but maybe someone here who has the 3-volume set of the Kriegsmarine Uniforms and Insignia books by Jack Angolia they can look and confirm the insignia, otherwise I won't be able to check until later this evening. I'm not saying this example would be in the book, just thinking of source material where you may find it or a similar type.

Smitty

?

It could well be a locally produced item - it makes sense to make use of all that industrial potential, when you’ve nicked a whole country! - though I shall have to defer to those with far more experience in this field (looking forward to finding out). It’s certainly a good looking badge.

Many thanks, it is a nice looking badge and came with a kriegsmarine BEVO woven bordmutze cap badge which seems to check out, although this could be Reichsbahn as suggested. I've looked in a variety of reference books but can't find anything with this reverse weave pattern. It would be interesting to find out if this type is legit.

I've just looked at some Reichsbahn eagles and they seem to be facing the other way, not sure if they always faced to the left?

I'm presuming that this is a 44 pattern as well?

An arm eagle I imagine