MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????

Article about: hi, I have gotten 20 years ago this shooting honor medal from someone who has bought the medal from Russia, thus I assume original owner of medal is dead during WW2 and medal is captured by

?

Default Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????

hi,

I have gotten 20 years ago this shooting honor medal from someone who has bought the medal from Russia, thus I assume original owner of medal is dead during WW2 and medal is captured by some Russian soldier? Medal pictures attached. In one picture you can see the front and on another back (with soldier name). Also took 1 picture to show the loop to hang medal + thickness which is even 3mm on the medal. While googling I can see some similar pictures of this, though it seems my medal is having more "ornate" outer rim in it. Here is one example of internet source: https://www.lot-tissimo.com/de-de/au...9-a9a5010dfff5

also my medal has better looking hanging loop?

Questions:

1. I have troubles with the name of the person that got the medal and if there is some registry of German soldier who could have owned this? I assume the soldier is dead but maybe there is some relatives still around. My Medal has in the back name something like Otto Criuger and I have difficulties on getting hit with such lastname?
    Could also it be that Germans would write C as name but it is K? not sure Then if it is Kriuger? Otto has quite clear "t" in it and bottom lastname second and last letter look like small "r". Is this some weird way to write Krüger? So my speculations is that this guy is Otto Criuger Kriuger or Krüger. Would be great to know if there is some registry for shooting medals.

2. What you think this medal is rarity of? Any value estimates?

3. Could some of the medals that do not have as ornate finishes that you can find about this in internet be authentic and this is fake or is it vise versa? The story that I got it from 20 years ago seems solid to me, the guy told he had found it from Russian market and bought it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????   Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????  

Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????
    P
    Many

?

I made from this list How to Tell If an Item Is Made of Real Silver | Martha Stewart also small tests like:
    -magnetic
    -polish (just small sample not to wear out)
    -ice

seems the medal is pure silver as all of the above are positive towards silver (so it is not magnetic, the cloth gets some tarnish in it and ice melts super fast on top of this compared to just being on top of table next to it

Moved to the correct section of the forum.

IMO, this is either a cast copy, or a complete fantasy item.
    There is no way this is near good enough quality to be made in Germany in 1933.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

do you mean the quality is too bad for 1933 or too good? any idea why someone would make a fake medal out of silver?

For anyone reading is there some database to track these shooting awards and track if some Otto Criuger or something like that has existed?

Quote by random View Post
    do you mean the quality is too bad for 1933 or too good? any idea why someone would make a fake medal out of silver?
    Not good enough, and, have you tested it for silver content?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I made from this list How to Tell If an Item Is Made of Real Silver | Martha Stewart also small tests like:
    -magnetic
    -polish (just small sample not to wear out)
    -ice

seems the medal is pure silver as all of the above are positive towards silver (so it is not magnetic, the cloth gets some tarnish in it and ice melts super fast on top of this compared to just being on top of table next to it

...can rbminis somehow comment why it is poor quality, which medal is then good quality that is like this? Why there is name in the back does not sound like it would be something that is placed on fake or "fantasy" item

First of all, rbminis is a very experienced collector and you have to trust his opinion.
    For the medal.
    1. These tests are indicative, you can only be sure with a silver content test.
    So go to a jeweler do the test, only then will you know what you have.
    2. The Germans have never made, their medals and badges with the cast process, only with the embossing process.
    3. Fantasy pieces, is something that was not made before 1945.
    My opinion is, your medal is made after 1945, for profit.
    Regards, Jannis.

?

Could it be a non- official award made by a common local awards maker ?

About the metal: I have quite some silver in my collection, to me it does not really look like silver. I think it looks more like being made of Zinc.

?

Early shooting medal?
    Photo credit: wolfee1165
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nationale Erhebung Wett Schiessen Medal 1933 for Otto ??????  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "