Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

need opinions on this armband please.

Article about: Hi guys can anyone confirm whether this armband is a genuine wartime issued piece please,listed as Luftwaffe/flying school but haven't come across one like it before,looks pretty genuine but

Default need opinions on this armband please.

Hi guys can anyone confirm whether this armband is a genuine wartime issued piece please,listed as Luftwaffe/flying school but haven't come across one like it before,looks pretty genuine but i'm so new to collecting anything related to the Wehrmacht i like to always check with you guys first.thanks for any help with this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need opinions on this armband please.   need opinions on this armband please.  

need opinions on this armband please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need opinions on this armband please.
    P
    Many

I believe it’s a Luftschutz medic Armband, I’m no expert on these in any way but just from the ones I’ve seen the blue looks very faded, I never seen a cross that large or sewn on. Wait for some others to give some more opinions.

thanks Kyle,i really like it,but will wait for others cheers Bud.......

Stamping says "Pilot School ??" and "Aircraft Group", otherwise no idea what that armband should have been used for.

Hi there.

I can only echo what the guys have said and it does appear to be medic related. Maybe it was worn by Luftwaffe medical personnel during training.

Flugzeugführerschule ?? Flugzeuggruppe. The ?? would be a letter and number of a Luftwaffe Training School.
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Flugzeugführerschule

There is a picture of a Luftschutz medic Armband for comparison and as TheGoon says the construction is different.
    Armband Identification Gallery

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Will.

Thanks Will so regarding the armband gallery example that comes under civilian services (Luftshutz) not Luftwaffe,also agree cross is much smaller but the blue is defianantly very similar to my example,i think it's a genuine piece just not Luftwaffe.