Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need some infos about early SA shirts pre-RZM days

Article about: I have an early SA kepi with the golden button and I look for a shirt that matches it (and breeches if possible). But I don't know much about them because my field is more about the wehrmach

?

Default Need some infos about early SA shirts pre-RZM days

I have an early SA kepi with the golden button and I look for a shirt that matches it (and breeches if possible).

But I don't know much about them because my field is more about the wehrmacht.

Is there any recent good book full of great pictures of the SA field (shirts, tunics, regalia, etc. I mean something a bit like the book "Uniforms of the NSDAP") ? Do the early shirts always have the same construction ?

Feel free to post some pictures if you have one. If you also have one for sale, PM me.

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some infos about early SA shirts pre-RZM days
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need some infos about early SA shirts pre-RZM days

Pictures of you're SA Kepi would be good, Sturmabteilung militaria is popular on the forum just have a search and you will probably find a answer to you're question.
    Morris

The earliest SA brownshirts reflected the organization of areas in Untergau. The collar tabs had their own unique color scheme and the shirt was worn without a shoulder strap. The all brown kepi was worn for a very short time with the establishement of the 1933 uniform that reflected the reorganization of the SA into SA Gruppe with new color and button schemes. The early Untergau pattern shirts are extremely rare to find as the vast majority had their insignia updated. I will post pictures of an early Untergau shirt and also one with the updated insignia later tonight.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

This is my kepi :

?

Anyone ?

Quote by Blaise View Post
    Anyone ?
    The answer to this person's question beyond that of Bob C lies in Wim's book on caps and the SA.

?

With all the reference books on the Third Reich I have never see a good book on the SA. Wim does a great job on headgear. Angolia has a book on NSDAP and SA insignia. Whittman is suppose to have a volume on SA edged weapons coming out. I would add a comprehensive book on the SA to my library .
    Last edited by kirby; 08-08-2017 at 02:38 AM. Reason: .

Quote by kirby View Post
    With all the reference books on the Third Reich I have never see a good book on the SA. Wim does a great job on headgear. Angolia has a book on NSDAP and SA insignia. Whittman is suppose to have a volume on SA edged weapons coming out. I would add a comprehensive book on the SA to my library .
    I agree. One problem today is many collectors are notoriously cheap. They prefer to get information for free on the internet instead of investing in good reference material and educating themselves. What little I know was earned with honors at the University of Hard Knocks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I know of a couple guys who really put in some hardwork for a multi book work on the SA. In the end, it all fell through. I have been lucky and have seen some of the material that was put together and it really would have been a great work. Hopefully someday a new work comes out. I personally, have gone on multiple occasions to the NARA and have found great material and photos.

I know a Dutch guy who is writing a new book about collar-patches for the SA.
    I have told about this with various occasions.
    He has a lot of material found in German archives, which is not known about.

Here a view for a very early brown-shirt (worn by the SS). I guess about 1925 or so!

Need some infos about early SA shirts pre-RZM days