Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP brown shirt opinions

Article about: Hi Forum, I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on this brown shirt. Images can be sharper but this is all I am working with I'm afraid. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Construction an

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I will give it another try with the matrass needle. I like the Sachsen tabs. Maybe I will replace the shoulder board first. This is not as easy as it sounds!
    It would be easier despite, because you could at least leave the Silver Buttons on the shirt! Don't forget: You do also need the collar Piping in black/white if you want to use those Tabs! Collar Piping has been abolished at about 1939/40. Your Tabs are about 1936/37, so they were worn with Collar piping! That means more work either! But if you want to do such a restoration, you not only need patience, but also have to invest some work.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP brown shirt opinions
    P
    Many

?

Update: I purchased an original cotton armband with the right fade that fits well with the uniform.
    The Sachsen collar tabs were added by me. I used a green thread. The process of adding the tabs was quite difficult. You have to use a lot of force to push through the buckram.
    I learned that at long as you stick to the sides, it goes easier. Sometimes I had to use pliers in order to pull the needle through. Broke several needles in the process.

The hunt is on for a buckle and belt and finally a new shoulder piece fitting the Sachsen theme.

I believe the piece is coming together nicely.

NSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinions

Looks great Vocht !
    Paul

Looking good.
    -TJ-

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Update: I purchased an original cotton armband with the right fade that fits well with the uniform.
    The Sachsen collar tabs were added by me. I used a green thread. The process of adding the tabs was quite difficult. You have to use a lot of force to push through the buckram.
    I learned that at long as you stick to the sides, it goes easier. Sometimes I had to use pliers in order to pull the needle through. Broke several needles in the process.

The hunt is on for a buckle and belt and finally a new shoulder piece fitting the Sachsen theme.

I believe the piece is coming together nicely.

NSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinions
    Don't forget the Collar Piping!

?

I received this belt with crossstrap in the mail this morning. Unfortunately one of the D ring belt loops for the shoulder strap is missing.
    Turns out these are harder to find than the belt itself. Does anyone have one for sale or knows a dealer who has one?

NSDAP brown shirt opinions

Vocht, wonder if it might be worth just trying to source a D ring that matches off of eBay ? You'd be doing the belt justice by giving it a small repair ! Whole restoration looks brilliant !
    Cheers
    Paul

?

Very Nice! Thank you for the tips my friends.

Militärische Antiquitäten Emig is good place to look spare items.
    Same page what Sammler linked.
    -TJ-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast